The Arbroath Thread

We were a bit lucky to win that one. Positives? Bobby was terrific, Hammy very solid at CB, Antell did well, Clark looked decent once he got going and Donnelly scored. Negatives? Sliced open time and again down the flanks. Please don’t ever play Goldie at LB again - he was fine when he switched to the right. Oh, and we need a striker.

I think a draw would have been the fair result - we were lucky to get a win and Hester missed a few golden opportunities for Elgin.

Bobby Linn was looking fit, sharp and ready for the new season.

The streaming was low quality, but decent commentators.

As everyone has mentioned a thousand times over, we need to sign out right goal scorer and hopefully also get another one on loan.

Luke Donnelly is a good player and will play an important role this season - but he is not an out right goal scorer . He has a role to play, but not as our main striker.

Early days, but good to get a win.

I think a draw would have been the fair result - we were lucky to get a win and Hester missed a few golden opportunities for Elgin.
Bobby Linn was looking fit, sharp and ready for the new season.
The streaming was low quality, but decent commentators.
As everyone has mentioned a thousand times over, we need to sign out right goal scorer and hopefully also get another one on loan.
Luke Donnelly is a good player and will play an important role this season - but he is not an out right goal scorer . He has a role to play, but not as our main striker.
Early days, but good to get a win.

I can see Luke’s good points - quick feet, creative - but for me he doesn’t contribute enough in a game. We do ok in the championship because we’re a hard working team. If he’s not banging in a dozen goals a season he needs to be pressing, making runs and generally getting stuck in.

7 minutes ago, stan3600 said:

I can see Luke’s good points - quick feet, creative - but for me he doesn’t contribute enough in a game. We do ok in the championship because we’re a hard working team. If he’s not banging in a dozen goals a season he needs to be pressing, making runs and generally getting stuck in.

Agreed - I think this will be his role this coming season, along with scoring the occasional goal as he did today.

Really do not get what big Luke brings to this team ok he got a goal today but that aside it was like playing with a man down this has been the same for 3 seasons now he came into the team at the time we had Ryan Wallace (I know he was not everyone's cup of tea) and displaced him think back to what Wallace gave us(goals) I know who I would rather have I really do not like being negative about our players but if we stick with him he needs to play as a two . I thought we played ok today considering we had a makeshift defence and little on the bench their keeper had some terrific saves and could have won by 3 or more