The Arbroath Thread

4 hours ago, ecto said:

Agree with most of this, but decent goalscoring striker, as we have found out are like hens teeth, got lucky with Hamilton, think we may need to get lucky again

Well Wighton was heading that way too tbf. DC pulls it out bag when it matters

1 hour ago, lichtie23 said:

Season ticket news announced. Hopefully get a few extra buyers this season 

Don’t know what it was this past season, over 700 the season before, no sure how many more can be gotten 

On 31/05/2021 at 20:18, Old Timer said:

Don't make many comments on Pie, but glad to see others feel like me about Hammy. Tends to leave wingers too much room, keeps backing off expecting someone else to do the tackling. And prone to the odd push in the back, leading to a penalty.

On 31/05/2021 at 21:13, JoseMarooniho said:

I’m not getting this weak link stuff on Hammy. He’s been a very good player for us and still has years in him. Each to their own of course.

Always thought Hammy was a confidence player, the better the team played, the better he played, but I always thought he tended to drift inside, leaving space in behind, but certainly more good games for us than bad

7 minutes ago, ecto said:

Don’t know what it was this past season, over 700 the season before, no sure how many more can be gotten 

I think in the Q&A Mike Caird said it was around 450 the past campaign 

Edited by lichtie23

That’s some hike in season ticket prices. I do understand the many factors why, and we were probably too cheap before, but over 25% increase for an adult ticket is a very big jump. It won’t stop me buying one but it may stop others.

6 minutes ago, Tattie36 said:

That’s some hike in season ticket prices. I do understand the many factors why, and we were probably too cheap before, but over 25% increase for an adult ticket is a very big jump. It won’t stop me buying one but it may stop others.

It's not 25% when you factor in the 4 extra league games.

180/14= £12.86 per league game

250/18= £13.88 per league game

I make that about an 8% increase per game for new season ticket holders

Just now, lichtgilphead said:

Yes I understand that but it was £180 the season before which was in theory for 18 games. As I said, an increase was inevitable for a multitude of reasons but psychologically it may put a few people off to see such a large increase even though the unit cost per game is only marginally more.

33 minutes ago, Tattie36 said:

Yes I understand that but it was £180 the season before which was in theory for 18 games. As I said, an increase was inevitable for a multitude of reasons but psychologically it may put a few people off to see such a large increase even though the unit cost per game is only marginally more.

Last year's season ticket price announcement wasn't made until the 27 game schedule had been announced. We knew we were only getting 14 league games for our £180

https://t.co/ox6kEnvY47?amp=1

Is it not only 230 for new season tickets instead of 250??

That makes is about £12.77 a game and is better value per game,

In our debut season in the Championship an Adult Season Ticket was £220, so the season ticket has went up £10 over 2 Seasons.

Whilst £180 for those renewing or £230 for new is a lot of money for some people, if you consider Montrose are charging £240 and East Fife are £245 for League One then it’s pretty good and certainly the cheapest in the Championship by far for those who have announced their prices. (Ayr £260, Killie £350 new / £300 renewing, Partick £360 new / £290 renewing)

https://www.arbroathfc.co.uk/arbroath-fc-season-tickets-2019-2020/

Stan - all information including streaming is on all the Arbroath social channels and website, but yes it is included and is continuing.

Edited by Smokie_Bacon_crisps

Just now, Smokie_Bacon_crisps said:

In our debut season in the Championship an Adult Season Ticket was £220, so the season ticket has went up £10 over 2 Seasons.

Whilst £220 is a lot of money for some people, if you Consider Montrose are £240 and East Fife are £245 for League One then it’s pretty good and certainly the cheapest in the Championship by far for those who have announced their prices.

Stan - all information including streaming is on all the Arbroath social channels and website, but yes it is included.

I thought it was £180 for season 19-20 so I feel even more of a tit for looking like I was criticising the increase 😄

As i read it, those that paid for season ticket last season will pay the same £180 this season. Those that weren't a season ticket holder last season will pay £230.

Only used adult as example. Quite happy to stand corrected if I have got it completely wrong.

Whilst £220 is a lot of money for some people, if you Consider Montrose are £240 and East Fife are £245 for League One then it’s pretty good and certainly the cheapest in the Championship by far for those who have announced their prices.
Stan - all information including streaming is on all the Arbroath social channels and website, but yes it is included and is continuing.

Good news for me as I don’t get up to Arbroath much and I can continue to watch online. I’ll be buying a season ticket. [emoji322] [emoji324]