The Arbroath Thread

Think are best chance would be the likes of innes cameron. Would love to get jack hamilton back but he will probs get a chance at livi. Think mark Mcguigan turned us down few years ago so would not bother going back there. If available which he is isnt would of been nathan austin really rate him. Any chance of kevin O'hara from dunfermilne not played alot for them??

We need to drop the kane hester thing. I like him and dont think we should have got rid but campbell clearly doesn’t rate him and i cant see him signing him back especially with the ongoing court case

Campbell wants him back. Tried signing him in January but Elgin refused to let him go.

2 hours ago, lichtiedaft1993 said:

Think are best chance would be the likes of innes cameron. Would love to get jack hamilton back but he will probs get a chance at livi. Think mark Mcguigan turned us down few years ago so would not bother going back there. If available which he is isnt would of been nathan austin really rate him. Any chance of kevin O'hara from dunfermilne not played alot for them??

I’d be disappointed if Jack doesn’t get his chance at Livingston next season. Apparently we have a good relationship with them so we might get another young striker from there on loan. 

Personally, I don’t normally think it’s worth a comment on whatever kit is chosen since it’s fairly trivial in the grand scheme of things. But I find it odd that funereal all-black is the change kit of choice, unredeemed by any flashes of colour. On the grim, rainy/misty days and evenings which make up the majority of a season’s games, you wonder whether the players might not just merge into the dull background. A predominantly white candy stripe would also have been my preferred choice, partly for nostalgia reasons. In the old days, the home team changed colours in the event of a clash.

Sad to see Whatley leave, will go down as a brilliant captain / leader for us and a hugely popular player.  

It seems like the right time for him to go, anytime he’s came in this year he has looked way off the pace. His game is based on getting around the pitch, getting tight to opponents and covering every blade and it looks like it’s a bit beyond him now. 

I hope Swankie stays. Still has a bit to offer

Doolan & Gallagher was expected but really gutted to lose Whatley as he has been magnificent for us Lichties, Brilliant servant to the club bringing us great memories and success, Felt he just needed a great pre season behind him to bring him back upto pace again imo, Still had loads to offer for me and would have been a top squad player, Gaston extension is top news though 🇱🇻🙌

A32CCC9F-3C68-4957-BCE5-E54275F5CF4D.jpeg

D1C24284-4847-456F-A146-1A343D0FFCFB.jpeg

2 hours ago, Smokerson said:

Sad to see Whatley leave, will go down as a brilliant captain / leader for us and a hugely popular player.  

It seems like the right time for him to go, anytime he’s came in this year he has looked way off the pace. His game is based on getting around the pitch, getting tight to opponents and covering every blade and it looks like it’s a bit beyond him now. 

I hope Swankie stays. Still has a bit to offer

Tbf that’s all down to match fitness though. He’s no been playing. Soon as he’s back he’ll be back at it, he’s still a good age. It’s no like his legs are gone or anything.

Edited by 1320Lichtie