The Arbroath Thread

Just one final push from the Red Lichties to stay up.

We really did deserve a point at E.E.P. on Saturday but for some dodgy Refereeing and a class act show by ex-Red Lichtie player Craig Wighton, the class bit of play to beat T.O.B. his cool first finish and his superb 2nd goal where he never panicked you just have to applaud.

In regards the current rules of the game when T.O.B. went over the top of the Pars player (which lead up to us going 3-2 down) i think 99% of Referees would have stopped play just the way T.O.B. landed but Dick is correct our players should have played to the whistle.

Also agree Nicky Low has impressed and i cannot believe he is playing as low down in the leagues as East Stirling and he is a player i would be looking too to bring on board.

In regards Dools he seems to get a bit of stick from some AFC fans but  think he is a great forward player, okay he maybe should score more goals but he does get shots on target (the Pars keeper had a great near post save from him in the 1st half on Saturday) but nowadays his game is more hold up play and linking up attacking moves, we have scored 9 goals in the last 3 games and Dools has started the last 3 games albeit he has not scored so he must be doing something correct plus the Gaffer rates him highly.  

I personally would have made slightly different subs on Saturday, i would have deffo brought on as the Gaffer did McKenna and Stewart but i was surprised he brought on L.D. with the length of time he has been out injured so would not have been match fit, i thought he would have brought on Craigen to strengthen the midfield to let McKenna and Stewart push forward but i suppose it is all about opinions. 

It is still in our hands and i have faith in D.C. his backroom staff and our squad of players to finish the job off in this the hardest of seasons, C'Mon the Red Lichties, 36-0.

Edited by AFC360PUNK1320

Tonight’s the night Lichties 🇱🇻💪⚽️ One final push to secure our championship survival, Potential to finish 6th if we win and Dundee beat Qots which would be an incredible achievement in a season without fan’s and considering where we were end of 2020, That comeback against Queens first game of 2021 and the loan signings that followed were the major Turning points imo

For the love of God, please can this season just be over for us come 9PM this evening. The whole thing hasn't really felt 'real' at any point, and to have it over and done with while staying in this divison so we can get back to the real stuff for the next season and pretend this one never happened is absolutely ideal.

Based on the last few months, we don't deserve to go down, and I really do feel like the fans/ club have been 'cheated' (not literally) out of even having 1 proper full season staying up in this divison with COVID, and obviously hopefully that'll be a second later today. Hopefully we'll perform like we have the past few months, get a result tonight and next season we have another one like this/ last, but where we can all enjoy a full season of holding our own at this level.

Two things have to happen tonight for us to lose - we have to have a massive off day/bottle crash AND Morton have to find the form that they’ve been missing for most of the last few months. I can see one happening in isolation... but both is surely unlikely. We also have the small safety net of Ayr needing to win or draw.

Morton have only won twice in something like 14 games and haven’t even scored against us this season.

Hopefully this doesn’t come back to bite me in the arse ☹️

3 hours ago, Tattie36 said:

Two things have to happen tonight for us to lose - we have to have a massive off day/bottle crash AND Morton have to find the form that they’ve been missing for most of the last few months. I can see one happening in isolation... but both is surely unlikely. We also have the small safety net of Ayr needing to win or draw.

Morton have only won twice in something like 14 games and haven’t even scored against us this season.

Hopefully this doesn’t come back to bite me in the arse ☹️

F*ck me, did I really say this?