The Arbroath Thread

The first 6 games really are the ones that really hit us, looking at the form league and the last 20 games we would be 5th, a point off the play offs, would of been nice if we got the job done yesterday but we are in a good position for Friday and I'm sure we will be well up for it,

27 minutes ago, lichtiekev said:

The first 6 games really are the ones that really hit us, looking at the form league and the last 20 games we would be 5th, a point off the play offs, would of been nice if we got the job done yesterday but we are in a good position for Friday and I'm sure we will be well up for it,

We had home games against, Alloa, Morton and QoS, close together, we scored 1 goal and got 2 points from these games

No

eta: enjoyed watching Wighton so much even if it was only for a handful of games. The fact he scored the winner in a league game at Tannadice and I was there makes it even better. When will we see a league win as impressive as beating Dundee United away again? Best league win I’ve ever saw. Pic is staying and I am now a Craig Wighton fanboy.

I think it’s fair to say that you can be an avid Arbroath fan and still appreciate good football when it’s played, even against you. None of us would deny Craig his MOM yesterday and his second goal was real quality.
We’ve been in a good place football wise since Dick joined. I think this outfit is up there with Albert Henderson’s team of the 60s. Those of us fortunate enough to have witnessed both eras are indeed blessed. DC will be impossible to follow, so we need to appreciate it while it lasts. I really hope the Lichties can reward Dick with another season in the Championship.

9 hours ago, Tattie36 said:

I've been a supporter since the 70's and have seen all the dross too - standing on the terraces to watch us end up flat last in the senior setup... more than once. Celebrating like f**k just scoring a goal or winning a game, any game.

No doubt this is the best period in my time as a supporter and possibly in the club's entire history. Where we are now and the players we have compared to the 80's and most of the 90's is incredible.

This current squad and recent squads are/were full of shoe-in hall of famers, players that will go down in club history - Linn, Little, O'Brien, Hammy, Swankie, Doris, Falky etc. but, na, I'll have a profile pic of a guy who played FIVE games for us and has just today, scored two goals against us and bought a soft penalty.

It’s not just about Wighton though it’s the goal and the game too, it’s him celebrating at Tannadice.... 

17 hours ago, lichtie23 said:

Sign Nicky Low 

Big risk. He was decent for us as well and shows he still has class. The reality is he's playing at this level because he's so injury prone though. I'd be happy to see him back at Palmerston but I wouldn't want him on a year deal, it would have to be a rolling contract purely down to the fact he'll be injured at some point during the season. I doubt those things would even be signed by a player nor do I think they'd agree to them but it's a big risk for any club taking a punt on Low, sadly. 

10 hours ago, Tattie36 said:

Perhaps if we get relegated I can look out a profile pic of Simon Murray for when he bangs in a hat-trick for QP against us... sounds crazy doesn't it?

If that happened then your club should fold out of shame. Murray is an absolutely honking football player. 

5 hours ago, ecto said:

Surely not

McPherson will set up like he did yesterday and against Hearts: four centre backs across the back line, a left back in left midfield and two holding midfielders in front of the back four. It is built to make us reasonably well organised first and foremost and to try and nick a goal at the other end of the park. Our forwards are completely fucking useless at taking the limited chances created though, so it's a setup that can draw but almost never win games. Six draws in our last nine games attests to that.

We'll be relying on Inverness to get the job done for us then. 

Edited by vikingTON

Sign Nicky Low 

He may be on decent money where he is. Dick normally give long contracts so it would be a high risk option. I think we’d all love to see him at Gayfield long term.
It will be interesting to see him play on Friday. Greenock is his home town and I believe he has expressed a desire to play full time for Morton. His chance to impress?

TASC SOCIAL MEDIA MAN OF THE MATCH - RESULT 

Congratulations to Nicky Low on winning the TASC Social Media Man of the Match for his performance in the Lichties undeserved 4-3 defeat at East End Park yesterday. The on loan Shire man won with 100% of the vote and was immense in the centre of the midfield. Iv no doubt the majority of Lichtie supporters would love to see Nicky back at Gayfield next season on a full time basis. Thanks to all who voted 🇱🇻

DA6617ED-9A82-4D94-8B3C-CFC12DCCFC98.jpeg

Nicky Low - whilst at Dundee - was out with an injury to his thigh. He managed to attend the Celtic v Morton game (which Morton won) and video himself running around and jumping up and down in celebration. 

He also fucking loved the bevvy. 

Talented wee player but he doesn't have the attitude for full time, IMO. 

3 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

Nicky Low - whilst at Dundee - was out with an injury to his thigh. He managed to attend the Celtic v Morton game (which Morton won) and video himself running around and jumping up and down in celebration. 

Maybe aye. He reminds me of Ryan McCord. Although McCord was capable of some outrageous stuff whereas Low seems a better all round player. 

9 minutes ago, stan3600 said:

Unlike Ryan he looks in good shape.

So frustrating thinking of just how good that man could’ve been if he put more effort into his conditioning. Could you imagine. Probably wouldn’t have been playing for us to be fair, an unreal talent.

1 minute ago, 1320Lichtie said:

So frustrating thinking of just how good that man could’ve been if he put more effort into his conditioning. Could you imagine. Probably wouldn’t have been playing for us to be fair, an unreal talent.

Aye, and a more deserving profile pic 😜

Dick’s no fool when it comes to assessing a player. The boy certainly looks fit, talented and motivated right now. I would expect a match winning performance from him on Friday. Professional footballers can put old allegiance aside when they get onto the pitch. If Denis Law could relegate Man United then Nicky should be able to put Morton in the play offs.

5 minutes ago, timlichtie said:

Dick’s no fool when it comes to assessing a player. The boy certainly looks fit, talented and motivated right now. I would expect a match winning performance from him on Friday. Professional footballers can put old allegiance aside when they get onto the pitch. If Denis Law could relegate Man United then Nicky should be able to put Morton in the play offs.

Still think he’s a wee bit off full fitness but he’s full of confidence.

Saturday when he took a free kick on the half way line and it got cleared, one on one in our own half nobody near him and instead of just launching it or passing it to Gaston he took the boy closing him down on, rinsed the boy and won another free kick. Summed up how he’s been with us so far, wants on the ball and wants to make things happen.

Pretty sure his set pieces have lead to a few goals now too. We look really dangerous from corners and free kicks now. 

Edited by 1320Lichtie

2 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Still think he’s a wee bit off full fitness but he’s full of confidence.

Saturday when he took a free kick on the half way line and it got cleared, one on one in our own half nobody near him and instead of just launching it or passing it to Gaston he took the boy closing him down on, rinsed the boy and won another free kick. Summed up how he’s been with us so far, wants on the ball and wants to make things happen.

Pretty sure his set pieces have lead to a few goals now too. We look really dangerous from corners and free kicks now. 

Low joined us in January 2019 and looked a real player but was from memory endlessly injured and only featured in 6 or 7 games. Definitely has talent.