The Arbroath Thread

On 11/04/2021 at 23:06, 1320Lichtie said:

We need and I think we will keep all of our best players, but we need to make loan signings in forward areas a bigger priority. Get some dangerous attacking players in in these positions because in midfield and defence we are sorted. If we stay in the league I’d like Williamson back again. Don’t think we will have chance of Hamilton can see him getting a shot at Livi.

Yeah I think the plan is for him to come in and stake a claim for that 1st team spot. He's probably hit the ceiling on where he's going to go with loans. If he doesn't hit the ground with us we'll loan him in January and see where he is when he comes back when his contract is up in 2022

Yeah I think the plan is for him to come in and stake a claim for that 1st team spot. He's probably hit the ceiling on where he's going to go with loans. If he doesn't hit the ground with us we'll loan him in January and see where he is when he comes back when his contract is up in 2022

Jack has a tremendous eye for goal. His chance conversion rate must be amazing. He’s also a big strong lad and wins his share of headers. But he does seem a bit lumbering and uninterested at times. Still, 5 goals for us so far - I’m not complaining. Maybe the body language is a cunning plan to fool defenders.

5 hours ago, stan3600 said:

Jack has a tremendous eye for goal. His chance conversion rate must be amazing. He’s also a big strong lad and wins his share of headers. But he does seem a bit lumbering and uninterested at times. Still, 5 goals for us so far - I’m not complaining. Maybe the body language is a cunning plan to fool defenders.

He seems to be the best we've brought through in a long time, so I really hope he gets his chance. Some of us had expected this season would be his chance, and then maybe January onwards so he's had plenty time out (Berwick, Alloa, QotS, East Fife, Arbroath) and played a lot of games for his age. I just hope we actually do give him that chance and don't loan him out again. 

The next step up would be an Inverness/Dunfermline but I'm not sure they'd take him in with the players they have now

Biggest league win since 5-1 v Brechin on 17/11/2018. Biggest win in the second tier since we beat Montrose 4-0 on 21/02/1979. 42 years ago. In fairness it’s only our 5th season at this level since then but still........

1 minute ago, The Gable Endie said:

Pretty impressive win against a full time side I must say

This full time thing honestly 😂😂 

If Ayr beat us 4-0 today it would’ve been impressive too but nobody would be saying impressive win v a part time side to them 

Edited by 1320Lichtie

What I loved most of all today was the fight in our team. We won every 50/50 ball and most 40/60 ones too. Mind you - a shocking reflection on Ayr.

Dick’s loan business since January has been outstanding. Jack Hamilton was excellent today, as was Ben Williamson. Nicky Low gets better every week. I hope he stays fit and we can sign him for next season.

Two more cup finals to play.