The Arbroath Thread

1 hour ago, stan3600 said:

From Dick’s BBC interview - “"I gave (Ricky Little) a night off about four weeks ago but he turned up, saying 'Gaffer, I've got all my life to take a night off'. That's his attitude."

Taken from an untruthworthy source to say the least, and I don't mean the BBC :lol:

5 hours ago, stan3600 said:

As long as it’s to Sunday. Part time players don’t need midweek games.

Anything other than a midweek afternoon is just disrespectful IMHO.    Evenings and weekends are for grieving....

5 hours ago, timlichtie said:

We already have the disadvantage of playing Morton on a Friday evening. Any move of the Ayr game to an evening would be totally unacceptable.

All teams are playing their last game on the Friday evening 

Hopefully we stay in the Championship and keep all out best established players, we are so lucky to have the likes of Gaston/T.O.B./Little and many others who are up to their standard.

If i had a choice to bring in 2 others who are part-time it would be Trouten from Alloa (albeit i had heard we tried to sign him in the past but he said at his age now he wanted a central belt club to save on travelling) and (and i know a lot of folk will be against this because of his off field antics in the past) David Goodwillie but again this probably will not happen because of the baggage he is labeled with plus i think he works for Clyde's Chairman's company.

C'Mon the Red Lichties, 36-0.

3 minutes ago, AFC360PUNK1320 said:

Hopefully we stay in the Championship and keep all out best established players, we are so lucky to have the likes of Gaston/T.O.B./Little and many others who are up to their standard.

If i had a choice to bring in 2 others who are part-time it would be Trouten from Alloa (albeit i had heard we tried to sign him in the past but he said at his age now he wanted a central belt club to save on travelling) and (and i know a lot of folk will be against this because of his off field antics in the past) David Goodwillie but again this probably will not happen because of the baggage he is labeled with plus i think he works for Clyde's Chairman's company.

C'Mon the Red Lichties, 36-0.

Dick would not touch goodwillie with a barge poll. We have a great team spirit,a great dressing room. Why would he want to risk that bringing in that nob end.

TASC SOCIAL MEDIA MAN OF THE MATCH - RESULT 

Congratulations to Ricky Little on winning the TASC Social Media Man of the Match for his performance in the Lichties 2-2 draw with Raith Rovers at Starks Park yesterday. Ricky’s well taken equaliser with only 6 minutes remaining helped gain a valuable point in our fight against relegation. Thanks to all who voted 🇱🇻

All teams are playing their last game on the Friday evening 

Exactly my point. We could now face both our critical home games in the evening. Our players coming from a day’s work against full timers who are rested. The Ayr game should be on the Sunday if Saturday’s is postponed.