The Arbroath Thread

On 28/03/2021 at 13:40, stan3600 said:

Simon back on about Ryan Wallace! As it happens I agree, but it’s still funny. Since Steven Doris’s injury we’ve had one stellar goal-scoring season from Bobby and then Wallace. Wighton rescued us last season.

I also think we lack creativity from midfield since Ryan McCord got fat. Our midfielders can run forever and through brick walls but no cutting edge and few goals. Nicky Low? Let’s hope he’s fit and makes a difference.

Absolutely spot on.

9 minutes ago, afc_36_0 said:

Not pretty but a massive 3 points today, Morton on the last day could be like a cup final.

PS does anyone know if we have ditched pendle for adidas? Noticed dick wearing an adidas arbroath jacket

Would love that to be true for next season but can’t see it think it’s just DC custom made to look cooler. 

That was a huge effort today to get three points. If ever there was a game to have fans in today was it. 
Credit to the players for finding a way to win and grinding it out. Thought the three subs made a difference. Wasn’t a great performance by any stretch but it’s been a shitter of a season and now just about getting enough points to get over the line.
We do seem to lack a bit quality, Particularly in attacking errors (highlighted with Bobby being out) but we make up for it with sheer hard work and attitude and that’s all we can ask for really. 

The effort in the Hearts game and today was immense. Hopefully results go our way midweek. 

Edited by Smokerson

Great effort today all round. For once (for me) I thought Doolan played well, dropping a bit deeper to link up play. But he did miss a glorious chance from just inside the box. Jack was a bit better and clinical with his finish. I liked Low - a killer pass for the first goal - that’s what we need. Williamson was back on form.
I’m a bit worried our defence have gone missing a few times in the past few matches, standing with their hands in the air claiming for non existent offsides. I think TOB is trying too hard to do everything, epitomised by taking the long throws and trying too many “Hollywood” long balls. . He needs to get back to what he does best.

Finally Dick made good substitutions that actually worked.

TASC SOCIAL MEDIA MAN OF THE MATCH - VOTE 

It’s a massive 3 points for our Lichties as a late David Gold strike secures a deserved 2-1 victory at a sunny Gayfield. Who deserves your vote for the TASC Social Media Man of the Match? To vote pop over to the Facebook or Twitter pages. Voting closes today at 5pm with the result announced at 5.30 🇱🇻

TASC SOCIAL MEDIA MAN OF THE MATCH - RESULT 

Congratulations to David Gold on winning the TASC Social Media Man of the Match for his performance in the Lichties vital victory over Alloa yesterday. Goldy’s close range strike with only 7 minutes remaining proved to be the winner and helped us go level with 8th placed Morton. Thanks to all who voted 🇱🇻

8B999D4A-7D97-4DCD-9447-FFBA84845ED0.jpeg