The Arbroath Thread

Found this quite funny from Dick Campbell:

"I thought I had three players coming in yesterday from Championship in England but only found out at half eleven last night we can only bring in domestic loans. I had agreed terms and everything."

Found this quite funny from Dick Campbell:
"I thought I had three players coming in yesterday from Championship in England but only found out at half eleven last night we can only bring in domestic loans. I had agreed terms and everything."

Where’s that from?[emoji23]

TASC SOCIAL MEDIA MAN OF THE MATCH - RESULT 

Congratulations to Ricky Little on winning the TASC Social Media Man of the Match for his performance in the Lichties 0-0 draw with table topping Hearts at Gayfield. That’s 2 awards in a row now for the veteran centre half as he was an absolute colossus at a sunbathed Gayfield. Even though Ricky has deservedly won the award this week I think it’s fair to say it could have went to any of the back 4. Thanks to all who voted 🇱🇻

0A79916B-1E6B-4FA8-BF33-22E9902AE191.jpeg

Will be interesting to see the Gaffers starting line-up tonight against Falkirk as in the previous years when we have put out a "weaker" starting XI we seem to struggle like with Falkirk last season and Edinburgh City and Clyde etc so i hope DC does not go down that route and starts with a strong XI.

TBH i do think we have a stronger squad than we have had in years and if you look at the players on the bench recently the vast majority could come into our team and not be a weak link so even making a couple of changes if players are carrying a knock or need a rest should be okay as long as it is not like 4 or 5 changes.

Fair enough there are no crowds but a game against Celtic away has to have a financial package boost to the club if we get through so we must take this game seriously although staying in the Championship is the priority.

C'MON THE RED LICHTIES, 36-0.

50 minutes ago, Smokerson said:

Other than the money for advancing through the round I am not sure how the Celtic game has any extra finance, i may be wrong

Everyone who didnt start on Saturday should play tonight, Saturday is far more important.

I think we get money for it being on the telly but not nearly as much as it use to be when Sky had games. IIRC we got 82 grand when playing rangers in 2012

DC will be looking for a good, convincing win tonight to keep the momemtum going as we go into the final league games ( while also avoiding any sent offs or injuries).

This will be Falkirk's only 2nd match since their lockdown restrictions were eased - unsure if this will be an advantage to anyone.

Regarding potential revenue from the Celtic match ( if we manage to beat Falkirk) - all clubs in Scottish cup have to share their streaming 50-50, plus their is further payment for qualifying for the next round - so there is also a financial incentive to win tonight.

Falkirk are full time and will be keen to prove they should be in the Championship - so could be a tight match.

Possible starts for McKenna, Whatley, Pignatiello and Hilson.

Expecting a string, attacking line up.

Going by our co manager we are playing a few of the fringe players tonight, I really don't think we are arsed about the cup and rightly so our focus is getting out of league 1. Fully expect yous to win, is Jack Hamilton eligible to play in this game? 

Tonight has proved to me that we have to avoid the playoff at all costs. We have forgotten how to score again and, even though we dominate games, we just can’t kill opponents off. Also looking very threadbare up front, Hamilton’s lost form, Donnelly’s out for the season, Doolan is Doolan and if Linn’s injury is as bad as it sounds then where does that leave us? Push McKenna up?

A disaster of an evening.

Firstly Bobby Linn's injury - if, as DC has suggested,  he has ligament damage he will be out for the rest of the season.

Secondly, losing after dominating most of the 2nd half.

Also, loss of revenue from failing to qualify for the next round and missing out on income from the Celtic match.

Finally, losing to a very average Falkirk team won't help the player's confidence.

A game we should have won - but struggled up front to hit the target.

Total disaster of evening all round.

Edited by clashcityrocker