The Arbroath Thread

On 09/03/2021 at 18:06, Empty It said:

Bought 2 anything to help out a fellow club in times like these emoji106.png

Are you virtually driving up? I've just got a virtual ticket and it would be great if I could get a virtual lift?

Edited by topcat(The most tip top)

Are you virtually driving up? I've just got a virtual ticket and it would be great if I could get a virtual lift?
No problem if you're sound with splitting the virtual fuel, no virtual bevy in the car though.

16 minutes ago, Empty It said:
31 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

No problem if you're sound with splitting the virtual fuel, no virtual bevy in the car though.

No problem. What about Smoking in the car?

I've tried those new fangled "Vape" things but they just don't seem to have any effect on the haddock

I find it really hard to "question" Sir Dick after what he has done for the Red Lichties but not to start Bobby Linn against the Dees is baffling to say the least, it is no coincidence that our upturn in results was when Bobby starting getting a start again for us!!

Now i know "one player does not make a team" but without doubt he is our most dangerous player with setting chances up plus scoring the odd goal plus his free-kick stats.

I agree he is getting on a bit but give him 60 minutes and you have a guy like Moore to come on for him and he seems to be a similar type of player.

I actually thought Craigen would come into the team against the Dees but never thought it would be for Bobby!! 

C'Mon the Red Lichties, 36-0.

Morning Smokies.

Wee plug for our podcast where we spoke with The Fermer for a wee bit. Might be of interest to you guys. You can find the links to the pod on Apple, Spotify in the embedded Tweet below. Cheers!

Edited by RiG

I really think between now and the end of the season we really have to play to our strengths but also go for victory in each game like we done in January/February and not be "cagey" so my starting team against Hearts would be :-

GASTON

THOMSON    LITTLE    TOB    HAMILTON (C)

McKENNA    WILLIAMSON    CRAIGEN    LINN

HAMILTON (J)             HILSON

We have very good options on the bench regarding how the game is going but to me it is a "no brainer" but to start with Bobby and get a good hour out of him then bring on "like for like" Moore with fresh legs.

C'MON THE RED LICHTIES, 36-0.

I feel that we’ve hit patch of bad form at the worst possible time. Can’t see us getting anything on Saturday either, 3 defeats in a row will be a massive blow to confidence, especially as everyone else is picking up points. I think we need 4 wins out of 8 to have a decent chance of staying up but the way this league is going that might not even be enough.

Do I/ we want Bobby Linn to start against Hearts? Yes and no....

It seems that Dick's (flawed) logic with Bobby is that if he starts a game and he doesn't create/ score a goal, he hasn't played well, and if we lose goals, it's his fault as he doesn't offer any help to the defence. Essentially, if Bobby starts a game and we don't win/ get a good draw out of it, he's dropped for the next one. I was already speaking to several fans at 50 minutes into the game v QotS discussing how he'd be dropped for the following week and made the scapegoat for our collapse..... painfully obvious.

Due to the above, my thinking is I hope Bobby Linn is on the bench against Hearts. Why? I think we've got less chance of getting something out of it/ it's not as big a game as Inverness away/ Alloa at home in the following weeks. If he comes back in against Hearts and doesn't perform miracles/ we don't get a good result, then based on this season he'll be back on the bench going into a massive game up at Inverness. I think we're much more likely to get a result against them than Hearts, so would prefer he started in that one...

Alternatively - their also seems to have been a decision made that Bobby Linn is very old and can't possibly play a full 90 minute game of football, let alone multiple football matches in one week. With us having Hearts, then Falkirk on the Tuesday, and Inverness the following Saturday..... how will this factor in with the above? Who knows..... but for me I see Inverness/ Alloa as the two absolutely massive league games coming up and would want him to play as many minutes in both those games as possible.

It's such a weird situation, where Bobby Linn is probably one of our fittest players and definitely one of our most important, however we somehow have to 'ration' him for reasons unknown to most..... It'd be a lot easier if we just played him every week instead of using him as a scapegoat when we don't score goals/ if we concede goals.

Baffled by the Linn situation also and i too think he should be starting every game, I could possibly see the logic in resting him for the Falkirk match. He does have a job where he is on his feet for a long time every day so maybe the manager sees something in him (possibly defensively or getting back the park) that we don't quite notice. He simply must start every one of the 7 league games left.

Not expecting much from Saturday and I think we will need 30 points to avoid 9th so need to win 3 of the last 6 which will be very difficult, the QOTS result from being 2 up was a massive blow.

On 17/03/2021 at 12:34, AFC360PUNK1320 said:

I really think between now and the end of the season we really have to play to our strengths but also go for victory in each game like we done in January/February and not be "cagey" so my starting team against Hearts would be :-

GASTON

THOMSON    LITTLE    TOB    HAMILTON (C)

McKENNA    WILLIAMSON    CRAIGEN    LINN

HAMILTON (J)             HILSON

We have very good options on the bench regarding how the game is going but to me it is a "no brainer" but to start with Bobby and get a good hour out of him then bring on "like for like" Moore with fresh legs.

C'MON THE RED LICHTIES, 36-0.

Pretty sure you won't be bringing Moore on at any point

TASC SOCIAL MEDIA MAN OF THE MATCH - VOTE

It’s a point to be proud of as our Lichties hold champions elect Hearts to a goalless draw at Gayfield this afternoon. Who deserves your vote for the TASC Social Media Man of the Match? To vote pop over to the Facebook or Twitter page. Voting closes tomorrow at 5pm with the result announced at 5.30 [emoji1145]

1 hour ago, TASC_1878 said:

6 Cup Finals, that’s what the lads have left. Let’s leave all the negativity behind and show nothing but support towards the club. We can do this and stay up. We are all in this together. 

CMON ARBROATH 🇱🇻

85BEF7A6-BA08-46B1-95FF-4E57BA4E8DC0.jpeg

There are no games to fear here

So, 6 league games to go and all to play for.

We have taken points of all the teams we are due to play and we have the players who can win these games.

It's going to be very tough, no one is doubting that, but I think we can do this.

Also think we will need at least 9 points to avoid the play offs or relegation - so perhaps 3 wins and a draw will get us over the line.

The players are in form and well up for the challenge.

Fasten your seat belts and get ready for a roller coaster ride.