The Arbroath Thread

The lower leagues restart proposal has been rejected by the government, at least until the start of next month. It would be an absolute travesty if League One was to be null and voided [emoji102]
If they null and void then surely there cant be any relegation from the Championship

On 09/02/2021 at 13:58, Lichtie78 said:

The lower leagues restart proposal has been rejected by the government, at least until the start of next month. It would be an absolute travesty if League One was to be null and voided emoji102.png

If Alloa stay bottom Mr Mulraney will be doing his best to make sure that’s the case.

This weeks Thursday throwback is a simple question for Lichties of all ages. Who is your favourite ever player to play in the famous maroon shirt? Is it a wizard of the wing? A fearless defender? A prolific goal scorer? A midfield general? Or a brick wall of a goalkeeper? Let’s us know in the comments.

Thank you for your continued support through this difficult time [emoji1145]

This weeks Thursday throwback is a simple question for Lichties of all ages. Who is your favourite ever player to play in the famous maroon shirt? Is it a wizard of the wing? A fearless defender? A prolific goal scorer? A midfield general? Or a brick wall of a goalkeeper? Let’s us know in the comments.

Thank you for your continued support through this difficult time [emoji1145]

Eric Sellars - 10 seasons, 350 games, 95 goals, absolute lightning down the wing and cutting in to score. Sometimes I thought the opposition didn’t notice him he was so wee. A little pirate with his Zapata moustache.

Andy Penman for me, even for the relatively short time he was at the club. The man was sheer class on the pitch.

There have been quite a few down the years; Dave Easson, Jim Fraser, Tam Cargill, Eric Sellars, Peem Cant, Flyer, I remember him smashing the ball into the Montrose dug out, wee Josh in more recent times, to name a few. All great club men.

Forgot to add the present favourite, the man who the team turns to when something special is needed, Bobby Linn.

Edited by SotesBornalichtie
Add additional comment

Bobby Linn. Just think back to how many class moments he’s had, the guys been incredible, lovely guy too. Him every single day, the way it is defenders don’t get the same love as attacking players do but Ricky Little a close second. Just for the length of time and consistency the two of them have with us. 

Probably hunners of class Bobby moments I can’t even think of off top of my head there’s that many. 

Probably hunners of class Bobby moments I can’t even think of off top of my head there’s that many. 

Got to be the hat-trick at station park for me, don’t think I’ve ever seen 1 player carry a whole team like linn did that day. Forfar were by far the better team and 3 moments of magic (including THAT free kick) from bobby won us the game. Forfar’s right back that day probably still has nightmares.

Its easy to choose a current player but i’d go for linn too with ricky little a close second. He maybe doesn’t get the attention that linn does but he gives 100% every game and never lets u down, also travelling from ayr to every training session and game for 8 years now is incredible commitment for a part time player.

17 minutes ago, afc_36_0 said:

Got to be the hat-trick at station park for me, don’t think I’ve ever seen 1 player carry a whole team like linn did that day. Forfar were by far the better team and 3 moments of magic (including THAT free kick) from bobby won us the game. Forfar’s right back that day probably still has nightmares.

Its easy to choose a current player but i’d go for linn too with ricky little a close second. He maybe doesn’t get the attention that linn does but he gives 100% every game and never lets u down, also travelling from ayr to every training session and game for 8 years now is incredible commitment for a part time player.

My first thought was Ibrox away what a moment that was supporting us. Full stadium too, don’t know what attendance was but what a feeling supporting Arbroath and going to a ground with about 45k in it and taking a 2-1 lead. Just how good the goal was too he ran from the halfway line and could’ve easily squared it but took it upon himself to put it in. Arbroath players don’t get to play in big time atmospheres that much because we’re not in the Prem but shows you just how good he is and he’s cut out for that. Been So lucky to have him 

My first thought was Ibrox away what a moment that was supporting us. Full stadium too, don’t know what attendance was but what a feeling supporting Arbroath and going to a ground with about 45k in it and taking a 2-1 lead. Just how good the goal was too he ran from the halfway line and could’ve easily squared it but took it upon himself to put it in. Arbroath players don’t get to play in big time atmospheres that much because we’re not in the Prem but shows you just how good he is and he’s cut out for that. Been So lucky to have him 

His ability to make players look absolutely silly is one of my favourite things about him. How many times have you seen a defender backing off and backing off, diving in and getting nowhere near him. Some boy

3 hours ago, lichtie23 said:

That’s very disappointing. Should have buried the game and we’ve been punished. On a positive note we are 6 unbeaten and up to 7th

I have this nagging feeling that only taking two points from the home games v QoS, Morton and Alloa earlier in the season, might come back and bite us

32 minutes ago, ecto said:

I have this nagging feeling that only taking two points from the home games v QoS, Morton and Alloa earlier in the season, might come back and bite us

QoS, Morton and Alloa have to play at Gayfield again this season. We will are playing better with our loan signings. Better last third to the season.