The Arbroath Thread

Think we need to play with natural width in the team as much as gold and Craigen (craigen been very good on the left) are very good they’d be much better centrally, linn and Stewart both are influenced the game massively with goal and assist.

DC got it massively wrong changing the back 4 at half time but least he made positive changes and it worked and we got a point after game looked dead. Great too see Whatley back but he needs to be the holding midfielder role if he’s playing. 2 new loanees did well I thought and could bring something to the team. I could see Stewart as a full back as think Thomson has had a few questionable games but he’s very good in final third with how direct he can be.

Don’t know what Hilson has on DC but how he plays most weeks is beyond me offered very little all season very wasteful and dreadful decision making, Doolan missed a sitter in the first half and just doesn’t cut it for us and our style. I’d like too see Ruth given a chance through the middle also with LD he should be our main striker but we should be looking to bring in someone as are goal scoring will be our down fall this season.

Also mental what can happen if a set piece beats the first man, feel it’s been weeks since a set piece has made it past the front post or man.

Biggest issue is fitting in the players we have too many good midfielders and need to play them out of position too accommodate them and if it’s 442 or 451.

TASC SOCIAL MEDIA MAN OF THE MATCH - RESULT

Congratulations to Club captain Thomas O’Brien on winning the TASC Social Media Man of the Match for his performance in the Lichties 2-2 draw with in form Queen of the South yesterday. The defending TASC player of the year scored a 65th minute equaliser to earn the Lichties a point in Dumfries. TOB beat out newcomer Ben Williamson who certainly impressed the TASC faithful in his debut. Thanks to all who voted [emoji1145]

Q&A with Ian Campbell

TASC and Arbroath Football Club are joining forces to bring a virtual Q&A with Lichties assistant manager Ian “Pink” Campbell. The Date is yet to be confirmed but it’s expected to be Tuesday the 26th of January. We are inviting Lichties from all over world to submit questions you would like asked to Ian. The event will be hosted by TASC chairman Allen Innes and will be broadcast via both the TASC and Arbroath FC Facebook pages. To submit your question please send a direct message to the TASC page and we will attempt to get through as many questions as we can. Please keep an eye on TASC’s Social Media pages for further information on the event.

https://www.facebook.com/272000992837245/posts/3792854024085240/?d=n

It’s the 2nd semi final to find out which classic Lichties shirt picked by the committee members is the favourite of Lichties all over the world. This week we have a “Tayblast derby” included in the 4 choices. The winner will face off against the 1977-80 home shirt in the final next week.

The four shirts in the 2nd semi final are as follows
1- 1992-94 Home Shirt
2- 1992-94 Away Shirt
3- 2011-13 Home Shirt
4- 2013-15 Home Shirt

To vote pop over to the Facebook page. Voting closes this evening at 6pm with results announced at 7pm

https://www.facebook.com/272000992837245/posts/3800213380015971/?d=n

IMG_5843.jpgIMG_5828.jpgIMG_5829.jpgIMG_5831.jpg

9 hours ago, TASC_1878 said:

It’s the 2nd semi final to find out which classic Lichties shirt picked by the committee members is the favourite of Lichties all over the world. This week we have a “Tayblast derby” included in the 4 choices. The winner will face off against the 1977-80 home shirt in the final next week.

The four shirts in the 2nd semi final are as follows
1- 1992-94 Home Shirt
2- 1992-94 Away Shirt
3- 2011-13 Home Shirt
4- 2013-15 Home Shirt

To vote pop over to the Facebook page. Voting closes this evening at 6pm with results announced at 7pm

https://www.facebook.com/272000992837245/posts/3800213380015971/?d=n

IMG_5843.jpgIMG_5828.jpgIMG_5829.jpgIMG_5831.jpg

I've got to say that I'm disappointed that the early 1970's pinstripe change kit wasn't included in the choices

Screenshot 2021-01-21 at 17.53.34.png

Classic Lichties Shirt 2nd Semi Final - Result

The 1992-94 Home shirt is victorious in the 2nd semi final of the TASC favourite Lichties shirt competition. The classic shirt was made by Bruce, sponsored by Tayblast and was worn by the Lichties for 2 seasons which were both spent in the old 2nd division. Danny McGrain was in charge of the Lichties at the time and the shirt was worn on the magical Scottish cup run that seen the club reach the Quarter Final of the 1992/93 competition. The 92-94 home shirt will face off against the 77-80 home shirt in the final Thursday [emoji1145]

Thanks to all who voted
IMG_5843.jpg

I've got to say that I'm disappointed that the early 1970's pinstripe change kit wasn't included in the choices
412036165_Screenshot2021-01-21at17_53_34.png.391aec970ea6992b7e8240e71611bfa6.png

Agree. I’m sure I recall seeing that even in the later 60s.

In those bygone days, the ‘change’ strip was always some variantof the basic club colours rather than some arbitrary and fleeting random choice changing every season.

Hilson has got some major flack this season (including from myself) but I thought he had a very good 2nd half yesterday. Linked the play up the well and looked dangerous. There was a 20 minute spell where I thought he was the best player on the park