The Arbroath Thread

and breath.... Well, we got what we deserved. Doolan did nothing except score a gift goal - nice finish though. That left Donnelly playing up front on his own and he’s not good at that and was poor. I never saw Swankie all game - at best a squad player now. Hammy very unlucky for the penalty and the yellow card was criminal. Ricky and TOB played very well and Gold battled away manfully.

Bobby coming on showed his limitations in games like this where we need everyone to defend. He did get two Hearts player’s booked though. I hope Hilson is back for Saturday and McKenna deserves a start. What’s going on with Virtanen? Too many mistakes. Smith and Ruth to the rescue I hope.
Gaston
Thomson
Little
O’Brian
Hamilton
McKenna or Smith
Virtanen or Gold
Craigen
Donnelly
Ruth

The committee at TASC would like to wish Lichties all over the world a very happy new year as we leave 2020 and enter 2021. Thank you for the continued support throughout this difficult year. Pop over to the Facebook page and watch a video of every Lichties goal from the past 12 months. Stay safe and we hope to see you all in the new year [emoji1145]

https://fb.watch/2Jiz6GSFUo/

A bit of a cliché but tomorrow is a HUGE game, really needing 3 points! 

I want to see Linn play at some point tomorrow. 

I was at the 3-0 thundering in which Mark Ridgers got a lot of abuse (and took it in good spirit, so he's a top man in my books), but I'd take a honking 1-0 right now.

The games are fair cracking on, and barring the Raith game - I've seen most games this season - they have not looked bad at all, and fairly unlucky. The big issue is goals. I thought last week they were excellent, and TOB - whilst a bit of a stuttering start to the season - has come on to a game again, and looked solid again. Hearts was always going to be difficult away, and I turned it off after the third goal (aye, I know...) but felt it was going to be 7 or so. 

Mon the Lichties! And itching for tomorrow. 

Linn and Ruth to play at least for 20 mins, please!

We’re in big trouble. It’s all about scoring goals. QOTS, who are likely to be towards the bottom of the table have scored as many goals in their last two games as we have in 10. I don’t care how close and competitive our games are, if you can’t put the ball in the net then there’s only going to be one outcome.

I'm thinking it's between us and Alloa for 9th and 10th. - and I'd put Alloa as favourites right now for ninth going on grinding out results.

A lot can happen, but the lack of goals is a huge issue. Just repeating myself, but we have not played bad at all this year, and even since the Alloa game, we've looked pretty decent.

Not sure how I feel about the cup game next week. A distraction if they win and go on a run? Then again, maybe just enjoy the ride.

38 minutes ago, Biglichtie74 said:

Don’t want to be negative here but why weren’t the covers put down on gayfield? Been near 0° for a week so not like we didn’t know there was risk of frost

Probably not allowed to ask for volunteers to help, tier 4, and all that

18 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

If we can’t score goals we won’t win games. It’s really that simple

Yes it is

Would agree with you but surely put down the covers so there was no doubt in the referees mind to play the game
I guess it's not a massive priority either just now with no fans getting in. There is not the same loss of funds etc than there would have been if this was a standard new year game.

I guess it's not a massive priority either just now with no fans getting in. There is not the same loss of funds etc than there would have been if this was a standard new year game.

I’m guessing the rearranged fixture will be midweek. Our players will now have to work then play at night , no as good as just playing on a Saturday