The Arbroath Thread

I just see him being far more mobile and someone with a bit of pace, Donnelly and Doolan would be better playing as a part of a front 2, and I cant see us ever going to 4-4-2,
What we have done so far hasn't worked and we haven't even looked like scoring so need to try freshen it up

Agree with Ruth starting but nothing I’ve seen from him makes me think he’d be a good lone striker. Has to replace Hilson out on the wing.

Dont think we would ever change the back 5 unless forced to. Also dropping mckenna after being motm would be incredibly harsh.

I see your point about McKenna. (I didn’t vote for him.). I love his fight and energy. He is everywhere for 90 minutes. But he’s not a defensive midfielder- Miko. He’s not a passing pivot in midfield - Craigen/Swankie, and he not really much of a goal threat or creator - Smith (?) We need more goal threat from midfield.

I see your point about McKenna. (I didn’t vote for him.). I love his fight and energy. He is everywhere for 90 minutes. But he’s not a defensive midfielder- Miko. He’s not a passing pivot in midfield - Craigen/Swankie, and he not really much of a goal threat or creator - Smith (?) We need more goal threat from midfield.

Hit the nail on the head here I think. McKenna’s work rate and passion cover a lot of cracks in his game for a good chunk of our support, and don’t get me wrong those are good attributes to have, but passion and work rate aren’t enough to be starting every week in the championship IMO.

True, mckenna & gold are both great players but unfortunately very similar

Massive improvement in the stream this week. Glad the club took the feedback on board and realised sticking with pixellot was going to lose us income. Enjoyed the game today except for the result. Not the same as being at the match by a long shot but good quality overall.

I thought AFC were excellent today against a very good Pars team, every Red Lichtie player was excellent including the subs and was good to see Whatts getting a run out and Hilson back on form, also the camera work and commentary was excellent.

I thought Craigen was out M.O.M.

This Pars team look good especially going forward so might not be so straightforward for Hearts now, also the penalty was a joke and AFC was on top at the time pushing for the equalizer.

Was there interviews before and after the game as i never seen this on Pussbook?

C'MON THE RED LICHTIES 36-0.

We need to set our sights higher if we’re going to stay in the Championship. Losing 3-1 at home to anyone is not excellent. I think the penalty was a joke, but what about the first two goals? No closing down for the first one and the second was a shambles from a corner. I too thought the lads played well but overall we were not good enough. We’re going to have to beat some teams, not be plucky losers.

52 minutes ago, stan3600 said:

We need to set our sights higher if we’re going to stay in the Championship. Losing 3-1 at home to anyone is not excellent. I think the penalty was a joke, but what about the first two goals? No closing down for the first one and the second was a shambles from a corner. I too thought the lads played well but overall we were not good enough. We’re going to have to beat some teams, not be plucky losers.

Not disagreeing with you as i am peed as much as you getting beaten but i thought the lads played well against one of the best attacking teams i have seen at Gayfield for a long time, BUT folk have to get a reality check and REMEMBER we are playing against FULL-TIME teams, and i have always said if i was a fan of a full-time team and got beaten from a part-time team i would be peed off as 9 times out of 10 it should not happen.