The Arbroath Thread

4 hours ago, lichtie23 said:

So you have season ticket holders who have paid good money to support the club in these difficult times. These supporters are being made to watch the game on a substandard stream while at the same time the club are inviting folk down who don’t support the club for free to watch the game. That’s a massive kick in the teeth. This guy apparently hosts a podcast.
IMG_5196.jpg
What makes it worse is the c**t called it an exciting game!

with a whole seven followers on twitter, waiting for his nuanced analysis of the game with bated breath. If that gets you a press pass then it should only take folk a couple of hours to make the bar.

:wacko:

with a whole seven followers on twitter, waiting for his nuanced analysis of the game with bated breath. If that gets you a press pass then it should only take folk a couple of hours to make the bar.
:wacko:

You obviously didn’t watch the game like me but I can assure you there was absolutely no excitement in the game at all, possibly the worst 90 minutes of football Iv ever watched. He clearly knows sweet f**k all about the game as well

Having got a bit more info about how the podcaster was at the game on Saturday - I'd say the wording of the boys tweet doesn't do any favors for himself or the club in my opinion - wording it as the club 'inviting him down' was a poor choice, and makes it sound entirely different from the reality of the situation. Ultimately it would appear this isn't as it looks thankfully :)

I would like to take this opportunity to announce the disbanding of my short lived podcast - 'The Arbroath Way'. It was one hell of a ride/ afternoon, and I'm sure I'll look back at this halcyon day for years to come ;) 

1 minute ago, gone fishing said:

Can this year get any worse I ask myself gutted to hear no podcast from the penthouse in lochee emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png

I'm truly sorry to disappoint..... to make it up to everyone I promise to write extra lengthy, unnecessary in depth and repetitive posts above and beyond my norm for the rest of the season. Anyone who thought I was a boring, repetitive c**t before, you aint seen nothing yet 8) 

I'll be lining up the following posts/ topics in the coming weeks, and promise a minimum of 10,000 words on the following topics:

The Misunderstanding of a Visionary; a Todd Lumsden story

Monday Night Genius - an in depth look at all of the genuine world class performances Lari Yao produced for us at Gayfield in those friendly matches against junior opposition

The Call - A look back at THAT phone call made by Paul Browne to Eddie Forrest in the mid 00s...... and yes 'The Call' is obviously a niche Backstreet Boys reference.

Ryan Wallace - an in depth analysis on why Ryan Wallace is, without doubt, the best part time striker in the country. May need to raise the word count for this one...

The Haunting of a Child - Sometimes people ask me 'Simon, why are you such a fucking weirdo?' and god damn, if there's one thing we can all agree on..... The answer is horrifying, and one that I've never truly confronted. I will delve deep into the 2002-2003 season, a season where we finished bottom by 20 points, lost every game from the 26th of December onwards and Andy fuckin' Dow represented the club. How anyone could expect that season not to cause lifelong mental trauma to a poor 12 year old boy is beyond me. I've not been the same since, and this one will either set me free or set me back 18 years.

I'm sure everyone will be immediately putting my posts on ignore delighted to hear this:)

On a slightly more serious note (I'm obviously joking about the 10,000 word limit, impossible to keep the Waldo review that minimal🤩🤩🤩) I emailed the club on Sunday regarding various ongoing issues and things I was/ am somewhat worried about both short and long term, and today received a response which was miles above what I expected, and what I probably deserved.

The response was extremely appreciated, all my concerns were addressed and although obviously I have my own opinions on certain things/ decisions etc. that's life. My personal opinion is that the club would benefit by being a wee bit more proactive in terms of updates/ keeping the fans in the loop with things, however sometimes that's obviously not possible. While there are ongoing issues with a variety of things this season, I'm more than satisfied that the club are doing everything within their power (without chucking money away) to give the fans the best service they can this season, and a lot of the frustration and issues we have are certainly felt within the club as much as we feel them. I'd certainly advise anyone who has any concerns/ questions etc. at this time to get in touch with the club personally, I'm glad I did and am greatly reassured in various areas going forward. :)

However, the above in no way, shape or form means I will not stop being a moany, sarcastic c**t for the foreseeable future;)

At first glance, I feared hackers had captured this thread with a deliberately disorienting/surreal dream sequence - as if supporting the Lichties long term is not surreal enough. However it’s quickly clear a therapeutic diatribe or ‘ventilation’ as we call it in these times is involved.

Latterly, it’s a relief from the slide into moaning (from different sources) that was becoming a little too prevalent. Mustn’t let frustrations with the current situation drift into negativity. IMHO A bit of critical observation and constructive suggestion are valid but mere slagging is a bit cheap especially from ‘supporters’. Chances are some return to normality may arise post-Easter, though too late for this season - so we need to avoid a rerun of the 2002-3 campaign.

Must be delirium but some of the subjects threatened for lengthy podcast look interesting though maybe in curtailed form. It goes quiet here a fair bit so no reason not to post an occasional in-depth which may not be currently relevant.

On a slightly more serious note (I'm obviously joking about the 10,000 word limit, impossible to keep the Waldo review that minimal[emoji2956][emoji2956][emoji2956]) I emailed the club on Sunday regarding various ongoing issues and things I was/ am somewhat worried about both short and long term, and today received a response which was miles above what I expected, and what I probably deserved.
The response was extremely appreciated, all my concerns were addressed and although obviously I have my own opinions on certain things/ decisions etc. that's life. My personal opinion is that the club would benefit by being a wee bit more proactive in terms of updates/ keeping the fans in the loop with things, however sometimes that's obviously not possible. While there are ongoing issues with a variety of things this season, I'm more than satisfied that the club are doing everything within their power (without chucking money away) to give the fans the best service they can this season, and a lot of the frustration and issues we have are certainly felt within the club as much as we feel them. I'd certainly advise anyone who has any concerns/ questions etc. at this time to get in touch with the club personally, I'm glad I did and am greatly reassured in various areas going forward. [emoji4]
However, the above in no way, shape or form means I will not stop being a moany, sarcastic c**t for the foreseeable future[emoji6]

Did the response from the club come in the form of used notes?

45 minutes ago, Mr X said:
15 hours ago, SimonLichtie said:
On a slightly more serious note (I'm obviously joking about the 10,000 word limit, impossible to keep the Waldo review that minimalemoji2956.pngemoji2956.pngemoji2956.png) I emailed the club on Sunday regarding various ongoing issues and things I was/ am somewhat worried about both short and long term, and today received a response which was miles above what I expected, and what I probably deserved.
The response was extremely appreciated, all my concerns were addressed and although obviously I have my own opinions on certain things/ decisions etc. that's life. My personal opinion is that the club would benefit by being a wee bit more proactive in terms of updates/ keeping the fans in the loop with things, however sometimes that's obviously not possible. While there are ongoing issues with a variety of things this season, I'm more than satisfied that the club are doing everything within their power (without chucking money away) to give the fans the best service they can this season, and a lot of the frustration and issues we have are certainly felt within the club as much as we feel them. I'd certainly advise anyone who has any concerns/ questions etc. at this time to get in touch with the club personally, I'm glad I did and am greatly reassured in various areas going forward. emoji4.png
However, the above in no way, shape or form means I will not stop being a moany, sarcastic c**t for the foreseeable futureemoji6.png

Did the response from the club come in the form of used notes?

Of course not - what a ridiculous accusation. Scandalous. *

*I reserve the right to withdraw this comment if the cheque bounces when I attempt to cash it in :rolleyes:;)  Until then, all I will say is Arbroath FC are a wonderful football club :P