The Arbroath Thread

Quite enjoyed listening to them. Couldn’t give a shit about trivial mistakes, I can see who the players are myself and understand 3-0 isn’t a draw. I’m an adult. The general conversation is easy going and enjoyable.

100 times better than silence, appreciate their efforts. 

I know I sound like a broken record here, but there's been f**k all said about this weeks game on here and right now there appears to be 86 paying viewers for this game. At 10 quid a head, split, and obviously minus costs, it speaks for itself. Surely the counter is wrong?! :unsure: Even I can't believe that could be right......
There will be plenty of people who post on here who obviously have decided against paying to watch todays game. I'd be interesting to know if there is consistently one reason for this, or if it's just the general shiteness of the whole 'experience'?
Would people who haven't bothered with today have done so if the streaming was better/ have been put off by experiences so far? Or is it just a case of it not being the same and lack of interest regardless of how good/ bad streaming was?
Could it have anything to do with season ticket holders having to pay for this stream

I enjoyed the match and the commentary. Maybe one of them could concentrate on the actual details of the game a bit more.
The camera work is really poor given the technology available nowadays. It compares poorly to our own Lichtv highlights. I’m happy to pay to support it but any marginal supporters would likely be put off.
I thought our first half was outstanding yesterday. That was a real powerhouse midfield performance. Elgin were never at the races. I think DC may have discovered Ruth’s best position as a wide attacker. He really impressed when he came on.

The quality of the pixelot camera is awful and if I didn't have a season ticket I wouldn't bother to be honest. I bought the Elgin game because they had an operator but still thought it was poor. Best by far this season was Raith TV which was excellent other than the game! I don't think I will bother with any away games on pixelot.

The quality of the pixelot camera is awful and if I didn't have a season ticket I wouldn't bother to be honest. I bought the Elgin game because they had an operator but still thought it was poor. Best by far this season was Raith TV which was excellent other than the game! I don't think I will bother with any away games on pixelot.

I thought yesterday’s camera work was much better than the previous week at Gayf

I thought yesterday’s camera work was much better than the previous week at Gayf
Yes I agree with that was far better but overall would still be much better with a normal camera. The Montrose game in the second half was better and that was using a camera that was totally out of position. If the main camera had worked that day I'm sure it would have been hands down better than pixelot.

37 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

Camera work fine, commentators not so, next time am watching sound off

58 minutes ago, Lichtie78 said:

I don’t mind the commentary but you could have the best commentators available and it’s still going to be a pretty shite experience watching it on your living room TV. 

They are unable to talk to one and other and watch the game

On 14/11/2020 at 20:28, 1320Lichtie said:

Quite enjoyed listening to them. Couldn’t give a shit about trivial mistakes, I can see who the players are myself and understand 3-0 isn’t a draw. I’m an adult. The general conversation is easy going and enjoyable.

100 times better than silence, appreciate their efforts. 

Well said. 

I was busy yesterday, but take it, its the same two lads from last week against QOTS? Both are fine, and enjoyable even. Not trying too hard to be funny, but informative and happy go lucky. They had a wee laugh about the Campbells and possibly Johnston having to cover their nappers as the camera was picking up on them. I didn't much of their stats wrong either, and whilst being obviously pro-Arbroath, they weren't too clappy happy or OTT about it.

Decent dudes IMO.

44 minutes ago, clashcityrocker said:

Good home draw and a decent chance of making the last 8.

Both teams will fancy their chances, so will be a close game.

I think 1977 was the last time Arbroath reached the quarter finals - at Gayfield against Dundee, with Gordon Strachan the difference between the two teams.

That was the Scottish cup, this is the league cup