The Arbroath Thread

Is there no chance of setting up a PPV/i player type channel? I was busy today, so couldn't tune in but would have no problem paying the club a tenner then being able to watch it later on e.g tonight after work etc?

Probably a good way to connect fans not in Angus or Scotland even too, to the club, then again I've nae idea if contracting or broadcasting issues might arise setting up something like that?

Is there no chance of setting up a PPV/i player type channel? I was busy today, so couldn't tune in but would have no problem paying the club a tenner then being able to watch it later on e.g tonight after work etc?
Probably a good way to connect fans not in Angus or Scotland even too, to the club, then again I've nae idea if contracting or broadcasting issues might arise setting up something like that?

Anyone who paid the tenner can log into their account and watch the game again.

I have decided that to consider myself a real fan, I'm going to stop attending all games and instead spend all my Saturdays away from the football. However, I will be donating all of the money saved to the club.

Stranraer away by public transport? Money to the club? £0 Shit fan, zero support to the club.

Sit on my arse in my wanking chariot instead and donate the money saved to the club? £120ish or so. Top fan.

:rolleyes:

I won't be asking for a refund, and I don't blame the club. However, the club sold a product to hundreds of fans that was no-where close to what was offered (again, I don't blame them for the issues today).......  No-one can dispute that, and as a business case clearly that's an issue and understandably some people are pissed off.

For someone like Stan (sorry to 'pick' on you ;) ) anything is a bonus, as due to where he lives he rarely gets up to Gayfield. Today may be the most live action he's seen from Gayfield for a couple of years, so quite understandably he's delighted with that and this streaming, regardless of quality, is really good for someone like him to see more of what's going on on the pitch. Does the fact Stan gets to Gayfield less due to where he lives/ is there less affected by not being able to go and watch us in person every week? No.

On the other side of things, for some people who are used to watching us play in person every week all over the country, to go from that to what you see today/ what is to come this season is frankly, total shite. Watching a stream/ game on TV or whatever is just such an entirely different experience from the real thing, that I think quite a lot of people won't be happy/ able to be fully positive about things (including myself tbh) until we're back properly watching football. Does feeling like this mean someone like myself is a bigger fan than Stan or someone who has the financial ability to donate money to the club regardless of what they do/ give back? No.

Everyone is used to different things; for some people the idea of being able to watch every match via stream from their house is superb - won't miss any games, fits round the kids, better financially, less time consuming etc etc. I get that, and for a lot of people this may actually bring them closer to the club and allow the to see far more games than they ever would. However, for other people they've basically gone from watching us play every game every week to watching some weird imitation of it through a TV/ laptop which lacks pretty much every single thing that they enjoy about supporting the club.

Yes it’s utter shite but it’s no as deep as that. Stream was a 5/10 at best, club didn’t get it right, it was their first time, set it up overnight and they’re due the benefit of the doubt here. It wasn’t unwatchable I found it pretty enjoyable after the camera change. Even the commentary was good. Much better than refreshing Twitter anyway.

Everything was spot on except the camera angle for me.

Be pissed off and give constructive criticism, taking the 10er refund though? Not for me anyway. 

I have decided that to consider myself a real fan, I'm going to stop attending all games and instead spend all my Saturdays away from the football. However, I will be donating all of the money saved to the club.
Stranraer away by public transport? Money to the club? £0 Shit fan, zero support to the club.
Sit on my arse in my wanking chariot instead and donate the money saved to the club? £120ish or so. Top fan.
:rolleyes:
I won't be asking for a refund, and I don't blame the club. However, the club sold a product to hundreds of fans that was no-where close to what was offered (again, I don't blame them for the issues today).......  No-one can dispute that, and as a business case clearly that's an issue and understandably some people are pissed off.
For someone like Stan (sorry to 'pick' on you [emoji6] ) anything is a bonus, as due to where he lives he rarely gets up to Gayfield. Today may be the most live action he's seen from Gayfield for a couple of years, so quite understandably he's delighted with that and this streaming, regardless of quality, is really good for someone like him to see more of what's going on on the pitch. Does the fact Stan gets to Gayfield less due to where he lives/ is there less affected by not being able to go and watch us in person every week? No.
On the other side of things, for some people who are used to watching us play in person every week all over the country, to go from that to what you see today/ what is to come this season is frankly, total shite. Watching a stream/ game on TV or whatever is just such an entirely different experience from the real thing, that I think quite a lot of people won't be happy/ able to be fully positive about things (including myself tbh) until we're back properly watching football. Does feeling like this mean someone like myself is a bigger fan than Stan or someone who has the financial ability to donate money to the club regardless of what they do/ give back? No.
Everyone is used to different things; for some people the idea of being able to watch every match via stream from their house is superb - won't miss any games, fits round the kids, better financially, less time consuming etc etc. I get that, and for a lot of people this may actually bring them closer to the club and allow the to see far more games than they ever would. However, for other people they've basically gone from watching us play every game every week to watching some weird imitation of it through a TV/ laptop which lacks pretty much every single thing that they enjoy about supporting the club.

I don’t feel picked on. [emoji106] I did enjoy the stream but I agree it’s nothing like being there. Especially in February.

Anyway. Back to the game. Was anyone else impressed by Craigen? - he was class. At the older end Swankie was better than I’ve seen him for ages. At the younger end Smith was a live wire and has great potential. I think he can be a star for us this season.

8 minutes ago, stan3600 said:

I don’t feel picked on. emoji106.png I did enjoy the stream but I agree it’s nothing like being there. Especially in February.

One positive I do see coming from this is much more game footage/ potential live footage/ interviews, more in depth highlights etc etc. which could be really good all round when we get through the other side of this.

Arbroath FC TV - £10 per month subscription, offering access to all footage of full matches, extended highlights, maybe a weekly interview done at training, additional extras etc.... all stuff that doesn't cost the club much if everything is in place (which after all this you'd hope it will be!) and would be superb for all fans further a field, and also fans who are able to go to Gayfield every week. 500 worldwide Lichties paying 10 quid a pop each month, on top of our usual incomings/ gates etc..... ;) 

Not really sure what all the moaning is about, it is what it is and is really nobodies fault, think we face a full season of this.

better than Montrose all over the pitch, some nice goals and swankie was brilliant throughout, good to make 6 changes and still win. Big game Tuesday now. 

Had major problems getting on despite setting it up in the morning. Ended up missing the first 35 minutes and having to pay twice to get it to work. However, fantastic effort by the club and it is brilliant to have this service. I saw my first game in 1970 when, if you weren’t there you got a half time score on the radio, a full time score on the teleprinter and read the paper the next day. Frustrating when it wasn’t working but loved it once it did. This is brilliant.
Decent performance, Gav looked excellent, Smith too, great effort from Luuuuuke andunlucky for Bobby on his birthday. We’ve got a real chance to qualify this year.
Look forward to the service as it develops and the teething problems get sorted.

Turning our attention to Tuesday we will go to the highlands with confidence to play a Ross County side who seem to be struggling and according to some of their fans want Kettelwell punted. The likes of Miko and Bobby will be well rested as well which is a bonus. A positive result puts us in a fantastic position to qualify from the group.

Really disappointing. Been waiting for years for an away draw to Ross county as it’s only a few miles from me. Anyway, we’re in a great position with a real chance to get to the next round. They’re not a bad team but Montrose showed they’re vulnerable.

52 minutes ago, m4d said:

Really disappointing. Been waiting for years for an away draw to Ross county as it’s only a few miles from me. Anyway, we’re in a great position with a real chance to get to the next round. They’re not a bad team but Montrose showed they’re vulnerable.

I've been waiting for this game since I turned 18........ a train station 2 minutes from the ground WITH A BEER GARDEN ON THE PLATFORM. I demand a pre season friendly at Ross County in future when fans can attend to make up for this..... ;) 

Match day, coincidentally we played Ross County 19 years ago to the day today in one of my favourite seasons;

Arbroath 2-1 Ross County

A brace from Andy Cargill sealed Arbroath's third consecutive home win and lifted them off the bottom of the table.

Veteran defender Brian Irvine pulled one back and Steve Hislop twice came close to equalising.

But it is Ross County who dropped to the bottom of Division One.

Jim Mercer and Stevie Mallan were both out injured for Arbroath, but Colin McKinnon returned to the side.

County manager Neale Cooper had three players missing.

Pounced on a mistake

Richard Hastings and second-choice goalkeeper Ramirez Gonzalez were both injured, while Sean Webb was away on international duty.

Former Forfar man Cargill opened the scoring after 43 minutes, finishing off a well-worked move.

Cargill then notched his second seven minutes after half-time when he pounced on a mistake by County goalkeeper Tony Bullock to fire home.

The visitors did pull a goal back in the 65th minute when Irvine powered home a header from a Hugh Robertson corner.

County then threw everything at Arbroath and Hislop was denied by a fine save from Craig Hinchcliffe.

In the closing stages, Hislop was inches wide with a header from a Mark

Arbroath: Hinchcliffe, Tait, Florence, Rowe, Ritchie, McKinnon, Brownlie, Cargill, Bayne, McGlashan, McInally. Subs: Cusick, Heenan, Arbuckle, Gardner, Wight.

Ross County: Tony Bullock, Perry, Fraser, Maxwell, Irvine, Dlutonski, McCormick, Ferguson, Bone, Hislop, Robertson. Subs: Mackay, Boukkra, Cowie, Prest, Shearer.

Referee: G Thomson.

Will be interesting to see our lineup tonight. It would be harsh to change a winning team but after making 6 changes for Saturday I can see D.C doing the same again tonight. He also mentioned that Hammy picked up a knock and could miss out. I’d like to see Luke back in for Doolan and Bobby in for Ruth. I’d imagine Goldy would go to LB if Hammy can’t play. Hopefully Gav can continue his form from Saturday where he strolled it in the middle of the park.