The Arbroath Thread

Very simply, I don't blame the club on this one, but I do understand peoples frustration. It's what I expected in terms of multiple issues, which is obviously due to time constraints.

However, the reality is that today is a bad day for the club, and there are a good few people who are pissed off with them/ in general, rightly or wrongly. It may put people off buying streams of our home matches in future, and it may make some people think 'f**k it, if that's what it's gonna be like I'll give this season a miss'. If this happens, regardless of what any of us think of it, at the end of the day it costs the club money. Even if today worked superbly with no issues you're looking at roughly 300 people paying a tenner.... that's 3k... split between clubs.... 1.5k..... that'll just about cover the expenses/ ongoing costs/ bonuses for the week. Who pays the wages? Between now and the 7th of November, from the games we play, we could be looking at making a 10k + loss on expenses/ bonuses/ travel/ general costs etc. let alone wages. Today is probably the biggest earner for the club in the entire month, and it's probably netted us around £1500.

Clearly there are multiple issues on the streaming side before we're up to offering close to an acceptable level of service, with issues connecting on certain ISPs, some logins not working for people, the obvious issues with the camera etc, but we now have until the 7th of November to get everything completely sorted and fully in place for our next game at Gayfield that will involve in house streaming. If things are not at an acceptable level at that point, by all means I'd expect the club to be footing a lot of the blame if other clubs are not having the issues we are.

Out of the pixellot streams this week, it looks like well over 50% have had a variety of issues with them. That in itself is alarming; ourselves and most other part time teams in the SPFL are pretty much solely reliant on this system and it's now the main source of (paltry) income. If the system isn't fully up to standard, pretty much the only argument for playing competitive football at this time is basically utter shite.

2 hours ago, lichtie23 said:

Il be taking the refund m. It’s unacceptable what we have paid for

You need to take a reality check.When you watch top level football coverage,the guys on the touchline have 80k gyroscopic cameras, and Audio mikes (Nuemanns) that cost a fortune,That level of coverage can never be acheived on a small football clubs stream,Also to get replays, you need a tv director,and a on the spot editing suite.I enjoyed it, despite a wobble or two at the first 15 mins ,it was just like being at the game.To ask for a refund is dumber than a second coat of paint.

No matter the quality of the camera work I was just happy to be watching the boys at Gayfield , after a shaky start thought we did very well to come back and go in at half time 2-1 up , the first half hour in the second half I thought Montrose were on top , but not for the first time we were very strong defensively and after the final three subs came on for us we looked much stronger . Thought Swankie was excellent and what a terrific goal from O'Brien, been disappointed in what I've seen of Doolan so far , hopefully he will improve , overall so far so good , a much harder test next Tuesday and will give us a better idea as to how ready we are for the league campaign I think .

Simon. 

I think it’s a joke we’re stuck at home watching this as much as you do. But that’s another topic altogether. 

As for the rest every club over the UK is in same position without fans in the ground. Life and football must carry on as much as it’s able to. The players will want to continue to play Football the staff will want to be there and all the fans want to watch. 

FFS get a grip all you so-called "fans" having a pop at the AFC Board and asking for refunds.

YES there is teething problems but THIS AFC Board have saved our club in scary times with some great signings and brought in nearly £100k with fans projects YET some folk are moaning as cannot get a proper picture or sound for a glorified "friendly" at a tenner, lol you could not make this up (well you could).

I agree if this was a league game then complain but this was the clubs FIRST attempt so please give them a bit of slack as teething problems will happen, could the club have tried this a week earlier? (probably) but this is all new to them so as long as it is fixed for the real games i am happy with that.

Also agree the gantry with the film/commentator folk would seem the obvious choice to me.

SUPPORT the club through those trying times, C'MON the Red Lichties 36-0.  

I'm not asking for a refund but I wouldn't blame anyone that did so. The stream for must of the first half was terrible and whilst not the clubs fault people still payed £10 expecting a bit more than what was delivered. All this talk of your not a true fan of you want your money back is a lot of shite. If you went and bought a fish supper and only got the chips because the fish jumped out of the fryer would you just say that's ok I've still been fed so I'm happy,please take full payment.

I'm not asking for a refund but I wouldn't blame anyone that did so. The stream for must of the first half was terrible and whilst not the clubs fault people still payed £10 expecting a bit more than what was delivered. All this talk of your not a true fan of you want your money back is a lot of shite. If you went and bought a fish supper and only got the chips because the fish jumped out of the fryer would you just say that's ok I've still been fed so I'm happy,please take full payment.

If a fish jumped out the fryer[emoji23][emoji23] have a word with yourself

This analogy is nothing even remotely similar to your local football team trying to make ends meet in the middle of a once in a generation global pandemic though, not to mention generally ran by volunteers.

If a fish jumped out the fryer[emoji23][emoji23] have a word with yourself
Haha, I'm glad you had a perfect stream the whole match, you must have had access to the camera nobody else got. The positives for me was that the stream connection and quality was good other than the camera being down. No buffering and an HD picture. It was bleak watching all the outdoor terracing empty though.

It was good seeing the team in action but almost made me miss the afternoon out more. I had a steak and black pudding pie so that helped a little.

This analogy is nothing even remotely similar to your local football team trying to make ends meet in the middle of a once in a generation global pandemic though, not to mention generally ran by volunteers.
I agree to an extent but a lot of people are struggling and many companies are going under. The point I was trying to make is that people shouldn't be shamed for asking for a refund that has been offered because the club accepted the quality was not there.

I agree to an extent but a lot of people are struggling and many companies are going under. The point I was trying to make is that people shouldn't be shamed for asking for a refund that has been offered because the club accepted the quality was not there.

You should have used a better example then