The Arbroath Thread

It is what it is, I’d imagine the original timescale was so that it would be in place for league games.
Yeah. The streaming service is being put in place for the league season.

Any other games is a bonus.

Not sure why people are so worried or complaining that its not up and running yet. Its not the clubs fault that the fibre took so long to be installed. Shit happens.

Yeah. The streaming service is being put in place for the league season.

Any other games is a bonus.

Not sure why people are so worried or complaining that its not up and running yet. Its not the clubs fault that the fibre took so long to be installed. Shit happens.
While this is correct we have already lost income from a league game being shown on BBC. If we can get a stream out tomorrow it will bring in much needed income for both ourselves and Montrose. It would also be a good way to give it a proper test before the League starts.

While this is correct we have already lost income from a league game being shown on BBC. If we can get a stream out tomorrow it will bring in much needed income for both ourselves and Montrose. It would also be a good way to give it a proper test before the League starts.
I know that. But the fibre went in yesterday. There was always bound to be some snagging issues. Everyone just needs to relax

I know that. But the fibre went in yesterday. There was always bound to be some snagging issues. Everyone just needs to relax
Absolutely but I don't think anyone is getting too upset are they? If nobody posted on the forum it would be rather pointless.

I have to say it amazes me that we can be playing competitive football, which no-one is able to actually watch, and pissing money currently without having any real income stream, and everyone's like 'yeah, cool, what's the issue here?'

I've not seen a single person have a go at the club, as the club haven't done anything wrong. However, this is quite clearly an extremely alarming situation whatever way you look at it....

I don't understand the point of football clubs at our level playing football that fans cant attend, let alone can't watch FFS :lol:  Who are we doing this for? Why? What is the point? I'm very interested to know the benefits of playing football in this conditions is right now..... lets even pretend it's all streamed and that the quality is totally fine (and, y'know, the cameras don't get confused by things like seaguls and advertising hoardings which makes them miss goals), even in that position I don't understand it. There is a huge list of negatives, unresolved issues, highly likely problems etc. and I thought the only positive that was being pushed was normality/ fans being able to see games etc etc.

Its highly likely that grounds will not be open to fans to freely attend football matches this ENTIRE football season. The likelihood is that a phased return will happen, in several months time absolute minimum and clubs taking money on the gate this season is very unlikely, as phased return will be focused on season ticket holders first etc. This means that for the entire season we're going to be in a hugely challenging position financially based on the decision to go ahead with this. It also means for some of us regular support they won't be watching us play in person for at least another 6 or so months. A few technical difficulties in the first week or two and then plain sailing, income flying into the club accounts and fans watching football and loving it again every week simply isn't a reality. We're driving towards a brick wall at 100 mph, and having an attitude of 'just drive quicker, we won't even feel it then' as opposed to putting the brake on is ill advised, and frankly I don't get why we started the damn car when we all knew the wall was there to begin with....

Seriously - regardless of what happens with tomorrows game being streamed/ not streamed or whatever, can someone explain to me why this is all fine and it's great to have us playing football again?

Edited by SimonLichtie

Because life is absolutely pish just now and people like watching their football team playing im guessing. 

Don’t get me started on everything else I think the politicians and people calling the shots along with an extremely large percent of the general population are being absolute idiots over this Covid nonsense. A shocking lack of perspective and awareness about so many people at the moment.

The only way it changes is when the attitude of the public changes and to be honest that still looks a long way off. 

I'm sure everyone inside and involved with club wants nothing more than to have the stream available for tomorrow, to think otherwise is daft, also don't think the players enjoy playing at the moment, but they are only doing as they are told in a very difficult situation,

57 minutes ago, Biglichtie74 said:

Simon are you saying you don’t want to see us play football? Talk about being a big fan , psssshhhh

Slightly confused by this post? The streaming of tomorrows game doesn't effect big fans like myself, I'm more looking out for the wee guys like yourself who're set to miss out. :(

1 hour ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Don’t get me started on everything else I think the politicians and people calling the shots along with an extremely large percent of the general population are being absolute idiots over this Covid nonsense. A shocking lack of perspective and awareness about so many people at the moment.

You're perfectly entitled to your opinions (as are people who believe in similar theories that disregard science like Flat Earth and vaccinations causing autism) but lets keep all of that stuff out of this thread :)

All of our opinions are irrelevant anyway; what matters is what ScotGov/ Westminster decide to do. ScotGov have, rightly or wrongly (and please lets not discuss it :lol: ) followed the data on this all year. That approach won't change, and that's why this isn't something that'll sort out next week, next month, or at any point this calendar year, and probably not this football season.

In terms of 'people like to watch their team play football' I totally get that, but at what cost? I'm not trying to be a dick here and be so negative about everything, but I feel a lot of people are missing the bigger picture here.... there are so many issues right now, and we're already underway with the season. Scottish football at the moment seems to be in a position where we are just crossing our fingers and hoping things will change soon, while ignoring all of the massive warning signs/ ongoing and upcoming issues.

I'd like nothing more than to be proved completely wrong here, and I'd be delighted if someone is quoting this post in a few months time making me look like a fanny, as long as it means we're all able to go along to Gayfield when we want and support the club/ team.

Edited by SimonLichtie

Actually a bit worried about tomorrow's game. We have obviously played well in pre season, but Montrose are a good team and showed us this last pre season, although our team that night was very make-shift and the last 20 minutes were hilarious. Hoping for a win but would take a draw and bonus point from penalties

Arbroath FC TV Launch

Arbroath FC is delighted to announce the launch of our much anticipated new streaming service arbroathfc.tv

The effects of the global pandemic has meant we have all had to adapt and whilst we all desperately wish you all could return to Gayfield Park, we are excited to bring you Arbroath FC TV to allow you to watch all the action from Gayfield from the comfort of your own home or wherever you choose!

We have once again partnered with DLR Media to launch this new service.  DLR Media provided our match highlights and interviews last season and have played a pivotal role from the outset in how to bring our fans the best possible service we can provide.

Using systems that current Premierships use DLR Media have implemented them into our own service which will utilise the Pixellot Camera system or if required a dedicated camera in the gantry at Gayfield (which will be used for our match against Montrose)

We are going to be able to offer the Arbroath vs Montrose Betfred Cup match as a pay-per-view game to all supporters for £10.  

This match is a PPV because it is a cup fixture and the gates would normally be split between each club, well this rule still exists, but now the streaming revenue is split.  We ourselves benefited from this earlier in the week when we were awarded part of the revenue the Stirling Albion stream brought in.

We are also delighted to announce that we will have a live team being able to respond to you personally tomorrow if you have any issues logging onto the stream.  This means that all supporters should be able to enjoy the match and nobody will miss the action.   You can message support@arbroathfc.tv

Stage 2 of arbroathfc.tv will launch very soon and all season ticket holders over 18 will be contacted via email with details on how to stream our Championship League Matches at Gayfield. 

Not only will supporters get to watch the games live, but we will have pre and post match interviews as well as an archive of matches for you to watch again.  We shall have Craig Campbell and Ewan Smith on commentary duty and we are delighted that this knowledgeable pairing will keep you informed throughout the matches.

On matchday, we recommend that all supporters get set-up well in advance of kick off. Demand will be high, so the earlier you can login the better. 

The broadcast will become available 60 minutes before kick-off and our new matchday show, will start 30 minutes before kick-off, so for comfort and ease we strongly recommend you login and connect to the Live Broadcast as early as possible during this period.

The work that has gone on behind the scenes for the launch of Arbroathfc.tv has been intense and everyone has truly been working all hours to bring this to you.   

Gayfield's location and the installation of Fibre has been our major stumbling block and even today when we thought that we were all set to go, we still have to wait for a new IP address being released and the Pixellot camera system going on line with Fibre for the first time, which only happened at 6.50pm on Friday evening. 

DLR Media Managing Director, Daniel Rosie, Production Manager - Lee Howell and Marketing Account Manager - Craig Campbell have all worked so hard for this to come to life and we would like to publicly thank them for coming on board and rising to the challenge.

The arbroathfc.tv is a dedicated website for you to watch our games live and hosted on it's own server so we can handle all the traffic.

We have a full FAQ for your every question that you may have; and it can be read here; https://arbroathfc.tv/wp-content/uploads/2020/10/849394_ArbroathWordDoc_100920.pdf

You can now head over to https://arbroathfc.tv and get all set for tomorrow's big match!

C'mon the Lichties

Arbroath FC TV.JPG

1 hour ago, Gayfield said:

Arbroath FC TV Launch

Arbroath FC is delighted to announce the launch of our much anticipated new streaming service arbroathfc.tv

The effects of the global pandemic has meant we have all had to adapt and whilst we all desperately wish you all could return to Gayfield Park, we are excited to bring you Arbroath FC TV to allow you to watch all the action from Gayfield from the comfort of your own home or wherever you choose!

We have once again partnered with DLR Media to launch this new service.  DLR Media provided our match highlights and interviews last season and have played a pivotal role from the outset in how to bring our fans the best possible service we can provide.

Using systems that current Premierships use DLR Media have implemented them into our own service which will utilise the Pixellot Camera system or if required a dedicated camera in the gantry at Gayfield (which will be used for our match against Montrose)

We are going to be able to offer the Arbroath vs Montrose Betfred Cup match as a pay-per-view game to all supporters for £10.  

This match is a PPV because it is a cup fixture and the gates would normally be split between each club, well this rule still exists, but now the streaming revenue is split.  We ourselves benefited from this earlier in the week when we were awarded part of the revenue the Stirling Albion stream brought in.

We are also delighted to announce that we will have a live team being able to respond to you personally tomorrow if you have any issues logging onto the stream.  This means that all supporters should be able to enjoy the match and nobody will miss the action.   You can message support@arbroathfc.tv

Stage 2 of arbroathfc.tv will launch very soon and all season ticket holders over 18 will be contacted via email with details on how to stream our Championship League Matches at Gayfield. 

Not only will supporters get to watch the games live, but we will have pre and post match interviews as well as an archive of matches for you to watch again.  We shall have Craig Campbell and Ewan Smith on commentary duty and we are delighted that this knowledgeable pairing will keep you informed throughout the matches.

On matchday, we recommend that all supporters get set-up well in advance of kick off. Demand will be high, so the earlier you can login the better. 

The broadcast will become available 60 minutes before kick-off and our new matchday show, will start 30 minutes before kick-off, so for comfort and ease we strongly recommend you login and connect to the Live Broadcast as early as possible during this period.

The work that has gone on behind the scenes for the launch of Arbroathfc.tv has been intense and everyone has truly been working all hours to bring this to you.   

Gayfield's location and the installation of Fibre has been our major stumbling block and even today when we thought that we were all set to go, we still have to wait for a new IP address being released and the Pixellot camera system going on line with Fibre for the first time, which only happened at 6.50pm on Friday evening. 

DLR Media Managing Director, Daniel Rosie, Production Manager - Lee Howell and Marketing Account Manager - Craig Campbell have all worked so hard for this to come to life and we would like to publicly thank them for coming on board and rising to the challenge.

The arbroathfc.tv is a dedicated website for you to watch our games live and hosted on it's own server so we can handle all the traffic.

We have a full FAQ for your every question that you may have; and it can be read here; https://arbroathfc.tv/wp-content/uploads/2020/10/849394_ArbroathWordDoc_100920.pdf

You can now head over to https://arbroathfc.tv and get all set for tomorrow's big match!

C'mon the Lichties

Arbroath FC TV.JPG

Incredible stuff, what an effort Smokies, all setup and ready to go for tomorrow 🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻 Bring on the Mo