The Arbroath Thread

A few neat counterattacks first half, and glimpses of passing possession second half were - along with fine goals, fairly solid defence and an excellent Gaston save - the positives. But we seemed to get a bit steamrollered in midfield and lost out on too many 50:50s. Albion look decent quality for a League 2 side. Good to see so many subs getting an outing and, as Dick C says, the Betfred Cup has a key contribution to build up match fitness. Still despite doubts, always nice to win. We’ll need to up our game by the time the league starts.

Late into the game, I had flashbacks to a game at Forthbank a few years back when Albion equalised with goals in the 90th and 94th minutes.

I hope our streaming service is as good as that one, when up and running .

Hopefully we announce that we are streaming the Montrose game today. Quicker it’s announced, quicker we can start selling it. The Stirling stream had over 400 viewers last night. Hopefully with this being a derby we could get a bit more

Hopefully we announce that we are streaming the Montrose game today. Quicker it’s announced, quicker we can start selling it. The Stirling stream had over 400 viewers last night. Hopefully with this being a derby we could get a bit more
Agreed. With no money coming in from gates and a lot of fans putting money in since March, the board need to act quickly to maximise any monies from PPV.

Agreed. With no money coming in from gates and a lot of fans putting money in since March, the board need to act quickly to maximise any monies from PPV.

The fact we are losing the PPV option for the Hearts game is a blow as well so we must maximise at every other opportunity as you’ve said

The fact we are losing the PPV option for the Hearts game is a blow as well so we must maximise at every other opportunity as you’ve said
The board have done fantastic work selling the jerseys, bricks etc. PPV is just another way of getting money into the club. The Mo game could earn a few bob as Stirling did at £7.50 per ticket.

Was pretty impressed with the streaming service last night. A lot of effort had obviously been put in to make that work, hopefully we are similar. Slight problem at the start trying to get onto their website to watch as there must have been a high amount of traffic, but it was a good idea from them to include a link to the stream in the email receipt you receive once purchasing the stream.

LD and TOB 2 great goals [emoji2937]

The board have done fantastic work selling the jerseys, bricks etc. PPV is just another way of getting money into the club. The Mo game could earn a few bob as Stirling did at £7.50 per ticket.

I absolutely agree that the board have done brilliantly in getting money into the club but I’m critical of how they’ve dealt with the streaming, or lack of streaming. It needs to be announced pronto or folk will start making other plans for the weekend. Obviously I have no knowledge of what’s going on with it within the club but by looking around the rest of the clubs throughout the leagues they are well ahead of us. Plenty clubs were streaming friendlies to iron out the issues with the coverage. Again I’m sorry if this sounds harsh as the board are doing wonders for the club but I’m sure I’m not alone in thinking this.

7 hours ago, Hammerafc said:

The likes of Pars TV have streamed live games from Gayfield. I assume they must have used 4G rather than a fiber connection.

Streaming live to a few Pars fans outside the UK is a far simpler proposition than streaming to hundreds of UK-based Lichties

'However the installation of fibre and Pixellot for all Championship Clubs is being handled by the SPFL and unfortunately the fibre installation has not yet been completely installed, so right now we are still patiently waiting.

The timescale by the SPFL for the installation of the fibre and the Pixellot for the Championship was set for league games only'

The above from the club Facebook. So, it sounds like we've got a competitive game in 2.5 days, which will cost us money to play, we have no idea if fans will be able to watch the actual game and if it was against a full time team it could have ended up being off anyway if one of our players tested positive for COVID, but luckily this game is only against another part time team so we don't need to bother about the players being tested etc. :rolleyes: 

Hopefully we'll be able to get the Pixellot system working like Albion Rovers, Brechin, Montrose etc. have done this evening/ yesterday - we might get to see the goals the system manages to catch, and maybe even see a full half of football if it doesn't crash :)  :unsure: 

I would reiterate none of this is any fault of the clubs whatsoever in my opinion, and I wouldn't think twice about the work being done by the club behind the scenes, its far more the circumstances we're working in right now. 

'However the installation of fibre and Pixellot for all Championship Clubs is being handled by the SPFL and unfortunately the fibre installation has not yet been completely installed, so right now we are still patiently waiting.
The timescale by the SPFL for the installation of the fibre and the Pixellot for the Championship was set for league games only'   The above from the club Facebook. So, it sounds like we've got a competitive game in 2.5 days, which will cost us money to play, we have no idea if fans will be able to watch the actual game and if it was against a full time team it could have ended up being off anyway if one of our players tested positive for COVID, but luckily this game is only against another part time team so we don't need to bother about the players being tested etc. :rolleyes:    Hopefully we'll be able to get the Pixellot system working like Albion Rovers, Brechin, Montrose etc. have done this evening/ yesterday - we might get to see the goals the system manages to catch, and maybe even see a full half of football if it doesn't crash [emoji4]  :unsure:    I would reiterate none of this is any fault of the clubs whatsoever in my opinion, and I wouldn't think twice about the work being done by the club behind the scenes, its far more the circumstances we're working in right now.     
Queens are also waiting on the fibre installation for pixellot. However, we won't be using it for live streams.

10 hours ago, Hammerafc said:

The likes of Pars TV have streamed live games from Gayfield. I assume they must have used 4G rather than a fiber connection.

Aye parstv used 3/4g at away grounds,  however there are normally a lot more issues at away grounds with the stream going down.   The home games seamed to get a lot more stable after the club installed a fibre connection.

If fibre is the only issue then that can be got around,  you can certainly get a steam out.  I would think the other major flaws in Pixellot are a bigger issue. 

23 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

Aye parstv used 3/4g at away grounds,  however there are normally a lot more issues at away grounds with the stream going down.   The home games seamed to get a lot more stable after the club installed a fibre connection.

If fibre is the only issue then that can be got around,  you can certainly get a steam out.  I would think the other major flaws in Pixellot are a bigger issue. 

The Fibre cable at Gayfield should be finished tomorrow. 

But your right setting up Pixellot and getting the AI camera to behave and work properly may be more of an issue than maintaining the feed. 

4G streaming games is never going to be ideal just due to the drops in signal compared to a fixed line, so fairly happy we have had a fixed line installed for streaming games.