The Arbroath Thread

Not to beat this to death but I too was surprised that Doolan landed a Championship team, even a part time one. With the money flying around some of the junior teams at the moment I expected him to turn up there.
That said, he's a good guy, a good pro, and I was disappointed it just didn't get going for him at Ayr. Hopefully Dick Campbell can get a good return from him.

22 hours ago, Jeff Venom said:

Not to beat this to death but I too was surprised that Doolan landed a Championship team, even a part time one. With the money flying around some of the junior teams at the moment I expected him to turn up there.
That said, he's a good guy, a good pro, and I was disappointed it just didn't get going for him at Ayr. Hopefully Dick Campbell can get a good return from him.

Its not like Alloa and Arbroath are paying these guys £50 a week. 

Top SP Part time players don't make that much less football money than some of the full time guys now adays. 

Plus with Doolan having come from the Juniors he likely doesn't want to head back down to that sort of level if he doesn't need to. 

Edited by Robertolichtie

TONIGHT & TOMORROW NIGHT - Physical sales of Season Tickets  from 7pm to 8pm

Location - Championship Lounge in the main courtyard
Payment - Card or Cash Accept (Payment preferred)
Social Distancing Measures will be in place and we will operate with a one way system.

SPFL Championship Season 2020/2021 Season Ticket prices;

£180 – Adult
£100 – Senior Citizens (65 and over)
£100 – Disabled (Free entry for carer)
£50 – Juveniles (13 – 18, students and adults in full time in Education)
£30 – Junior (Under 12s)
Young Lichtie Club Members are eligible for a £5 discount on a season ticket.

Arbroath 2020 Calendars on sale at a reduced price
Arbroath FC Snoods also on sale.
Adult Face Masks sold out with a few child size masks still available.

Please do not come down to Gayfield out with these times. Gayfield remains closed to the public and you will be told to return at the advertised times.

Thank you

C'mon the Lichties

Wed 19th .jpg

Good to see the roof is completely off the seaside stand and is presumably being replaced rather than being a victim of storm Francis, several parts of that roof has had gaping holes for a couple of years.

The board have really invested heavily in maintaining and improving the ground in recent years.

3 hours ago, Mexico said:

Good to see the roof is completely off the seaside stand and is presumably being replaced rather than being a victim of storm Francis, several parts of that roof has had gaping holes for a couple of years.

The board have really invested heavily in maintaining and improving the ground in recent years.

Yeah, the board have done a fantastic job in recent years transforming the club. 

16 hours ago, Mexico said:

Noticed that yesterday when i passed the ground that the whole roof was off, i back the AFC Board 100% the only complaint i have is that they have to upgrade the tannoy's as it is hard to hear messages plus they should play more Punk rather than Chickory Tip and East 17, surprised at this as 3 senior AFC Board members are ex-Punks but well done in the main, 36-0.