The Arbroath Thread

Best days are behind him but could be a good experienced head in the changing room. Don’t think he did much at Ayr last season.

Nah he didn’t but we should never have signed him in the first place. Didn’t fit into the style we had been used to and it felt like McCall was trying to make a point to Caldwell and Partick by signing him.

Supposed to be a cracking guy though and great in a dressing room.

Doolan came off the bench for 10 minutes for his debut, touched the ball once, was an unused sub the following week then was never in the squad again. Impossible to say anything about how good a player he is based on that but he was a waste of a signing anyway.

Obviously hope he does well but not convinced by that signing. Could be wrong here but seems like Doolan has had success as an instinctive striker who doesn’t offer much other than goals, and the goals now seem to have dried up. As mentioned above it does seem a bit like Prunty MkII.

1 minute ago, Lichtie78 said:

Obviously hope he does well but not convinced by that signing. Could be wrong here but seems like Doolan has had success as an instinctive striker who doesn’t offer much other than goals, and the goals now seem to have dried up. As mentioned above it does seem a bit like Prunty MkII.

His link-up play, used to be brilliant (not seen him play in a while though), his first touch, up there with the best I’ve seen, and he’s a good finisher (believe he’s still one of the top goal scorers of all time in the Premiership, since the SPFL was formed). Although, going by the accounts of Ayr fans, the goals have dried up, since his Thistle days. 

13 minutes ago, Lichtie78 said:

No, I would say completely the opposite. If anything Kris Doolan's strength was link-up play with the midfield. His goals dried up in the absence of service. He wasn't actually that prolific a finisher even at his best (though far from a poor one).

What he's lost is pace. He's still one of the most intelligent footballers to have graced Firhill in my time watching.

No, I would say completely the opposite. If anything Kris Doolan's strength was link-up play with the midfield. His goals dried up in the absence of service. He wasn't actually that prolific a finisher even at his best (though far from a poor one).
What he's lost is pace. He's still one of the most intelligent footballers to have graced Firhill in my time watching.

Fair play

FFS here we go again, it is pretty sad when your team supporters are having a pop at a player before he has even pulled on a Red Lichtie top, read the Gaffers statement in today's Courier and he rates Doolan big-time so that is fine by me as in he past 99% of Dick's signings have been good and if Doolan contributes on and off the pitch for AFC then i am happy with that, WELCOME to the Red Lichties Kris and all the best 36-0.

FFS here we go again, it is pretty sad when your team supporters are having a pop at a player before he has even pulled on a Red Lichtie top, read the Gaffers statement in today's Courier and he rates Doolan big-time so that is fine by me as in he past 99% of Dick's signings have been good and if Doolan contributes on and off the pitch for AFC then i am happy with that, WELCOME to the Red Lichties Kris and all the best 36-0.

IMG_7946.jpg