The Arbroath Thread

Firstly i cannot believe Daz Jamieson is away to a non-league club like Kelty Hearts, he is a fantastic keeper and only Gaston's great form kept him from getting the no 1 gloves back at Gayfield, he could quite easily play in the Championship and surprised a top league 1 club never pushed to boat out to get him.
Great signing getting Craigen to come back to the club, he looks to be a great midfielder to fill Mikos boots.
I am guessing regards the season tickets maybe it is just to see what the fixtures will be as the club may base it on category games like if we are home to Hearts twice (cat A) or a team like Alloa might be a cat B game before the club sets a price, not sure so just a guess? 
What i would like to see (and this might be another reason for the delay) is if clubs have less than 10% of the grounds capacity in season tickets holders (so in our case less than 660 season ticket holders) then they can let in season tickets holders to the home games at the season start, obviously no away fans would be allowed and you have to be at least 2 metres apart which would be overlooked by the stewards and you have to sit at least 4 seats apart in the stand and have 4 gates open so no congestion at the turnstiles.......just a thought and easy to manage.
We don't do Cat A and B games. I personally dislike this policy and wouldn't pay more to see Hearts than I would Alloa.

21 hours ago, Lichtie78 said:

Completely agree DJ will be playing beneath his level, but think he’s pretty local to Kelty and they’re probably at least matching what any league one club could offer him.

EK  have signed Paul Paton and Kyle Wilkie, not good enough for us, but surely better than Lowland League, some of these clubs have money

17 hours ago, Hammerafc said:
On 08/07/2020 at 20:55, AFC360PUNK1320 said:
Firstly i cannot believe Daz Jamieson is away to a non-league club like Kelty Hearts, he is a fantastic keeper and only Gaston's great form kept him from getting the no 1 gloves back at Gayfield, he could quite easily play in the Championship and surprised a top league 1 club never pushed to boat out to get him.
Great signing getting Craigen to come back to the club, he looks to be a great midfielder to fill Mikos boots.
I am guessing regards the season tickets maybe it is just to see what the fixtures will be as the club may base it on category games like if we are home to Hearts twice (cat A) or a team like Alloa might be a cat B game before the club sets a price, not sure so just a guess? 
What i would like to see (and this might be another reason for the delay) is if clubs have less than 10% of the grounds capacity in season tickets holders (so in our case less than 660 season ticket holders) then they can let in season tickets holders to the home games at the season start, obviously no away fans would be allowed and you have to be at least 2 metres apart which would be overlooked by the stewards and you have to sit at least 4 seats apart in the stand and have 4 gates open so no congestion at the turnstiles.......just a thought and easy to manage.

We don't do Cat A and B games. I personally dislike this policy and wouldn't pay more to see Hearts than I would Alloa.

At no point did i say we did do Cat A and B games and i agree i do not like them either but just thought the Club MIGHT be waiting for the fixture list before deciding on what price to set and lets be honest any NEW AFC season ticket holder might be more tempted  to buy a season ticket if we had Hearts and Dunfermline at home twice this season as opposed to Alloa and say Queen of the South and that is just a fact of life.   

15 hours ago, ecto said:

EK  have signed Paul Paton and Kyle Wilkie, not good enough for us, but surely better than Lowland League, some of these clubs have money

I find this a bitty sad tbh, i know some players just play for who offers the most ££££ Austin at Kelty proves that but surely if you are good enough to play senior football would you not want to play at the highest level you could to prove yourself?

Could maybe understand someone aged 36+ who wants a final pay-day and to stand out in lower league football but anybody in their 20's early 30's i find this bizarre to say the least.

As soon as it was official the first old firm game of the season was scheduled for October 17th, this obviously means fans will be allowed back in on this date. Of course the fixtures are completely random though.

8 minutes ago, Mexico said:

As soon as it was official the first old firm game of the season was scheduled for October 17th, this obviously means fans will be allowed back in on this date. Of course the fixtures are completely random though.

The fixtures arent random. Nobody ever claimed they were random. They clearly are not random or you wouldnt get traditional derby day weekends at New Year, etc. 

Lots of things are built into the fixtutes, including avoiding clashes with local events, keeping geographic rivals apart, etc.

The fixtures arent random. Nobody ever claimed they were random. They clearly are not random or you wouldnt get traditional derby day weekends at New Year, etc. 
Lots of things are built into the fixtutes, including avoiding clashes with local events, keeping geographic rivals apart, etc.

I think you know exactly what I’m getting at but obviously want to be as obtuse as possible which is fair enough. What it does show is certain fixtures here have been prioritised here for the financial gain of certain clubs, it’s absolutely unthinkable the first old firm game of the season was going to be played behind closed doors and it was never going to be.

At no point did i say we did do Cat A and B games and i agree i do not like them either but just thought the Club MIGHT be waiting for the fixture list before deciding on what price to set and lets be honest any NEW AFC season ticket holder might be more tempted  to buy a season ticket if we had Hearts and Dunfermline at home twice this season as opposed to Alloa and say Queen of the South and that is just a fact of life.   
I agree regarding new season ticket holders may be more tempted but I don't think the price will vary based on the teams we are playing only based on the number of home games ie 14 or 13.

At any NEW AFC season ticket holder might be more tempted  to buy a season ticket if we had Hearts and Dunfermline at home twice this season as opposed to Alloa and say Queen of the South and that is just a fact of life.   

Possibly true for new recruits. As a long-standing season ticket holder, I probably prefer games against more equivalent sides. Apart from being more evenly matched, the segregation issue has been a factor. Since this is being tweaked (due to come into effect when lockdown struck), that secondary reason might change

I buy my season ticket to watch and support Arbroath no matter who they are playing, I hope no matter who we have to play that everyone who is In a position to do so buys a season ticket and gets behind the team so we can continue the success of the last few years.

I buy my season ticket to watch and support Arbroath no matter who they are playing, I hope no matter who we have to play that everyone who is In a position to do so buys a season ticket and gets behind the team so we can continue the success of the last few years.

Well said.
I’d like to see the club do a pay up system. In this climate it might be hard for people to splash out a lump sum for the season ticket. In my case Iv got to buy 3 (2 adults, 1 child) and it is quite an expense. It might not be possible tho for a club the size of ours.

I find this a bitty sad tbh, i know some players just play for who offers the most ££££ Austin at Kelty proves that but surely if you are good enough to play senior football would you not want to play at the highest level you could to prove yourself?
Could maybe understand someone aged 36+ who wants a final pay-day and to stand out in lower league football but anybody in their 20's early 30's i find this bizarre to say the least.
You have Bobby Linn who himself enjoyed the lure of the pound sign at the now aptly defunct Ballingry.

Bobby was a young boy when he signed for ballingry, they were obviously paying him a fortune and i think they even gave him a car at the time haha. Crazy 

I’d like to think now that no player playing regularly in our team would drop down 3 leagues to join these teams spending all the cash, Jamieson slightly different as he was always going to leave to be a No 1 somewhere.