The Arbroath Thread

An expected/ hoped signed and excellent to see it happen. Our promotion charge has begun.

Feels weird to be posted on here/ giving a shit about football after 3 months of basically nothing..... I dislike pre-season at the best of times, this has been a very long one.... and we're only halfway through at best!

On 01/07/2020 at 20:32, SimonLichtie said:

An expected/ hoped signed and excellent to see it happen. Our promotion charge has begun.

Easy now tiger. It's good to be optimistic but let's not get too carried away by the return of the beautiful game.

We've not completed a full season in the Championship and although we've done much better than expected, next season will be the tester as to whether we are a genuine Championship side capable of pushing for the heady heights of promotion play offs.

Be nice if it happens but I'd be happy with a good mid table position to consolidate our Championship status, make us a side that can attract good players and then, who knows what might happen. A part time team in the Premier League? The stuff of dreams, but why not.

If you don’t think we should be winning the league then go and support brechin or something [emoji35] [emoji107]

Bit unfair to use Brechin as your example, punched well above their weight for 40yrs, and for many of these years played in the leagues above us

Firstly i cannot believe Daz Jamieson is away to a non-league club like Kelty Hearts, he is a fantastic keeper and only Gaston's great form kept him from getting the no 1 gloves back at Gayfield, he could quite easily play in the Championship and surprised a top league 1 club never pushed to boat out to get him.

Great signing getting Craigen to come back to the club, he looks to be a great midfielder to fill Mikos boots.

I am guessing regards the season tickets maybe it is just to see what the fixtures will be as the club may base it on category games like if we are home to Hearts twice (cat A) or a team like Alloa might be a cat B game before the club sets a price, not sure so just a guess? 

What i would like to see (and this might be another reason for the delay) is if clubs have less than 10% of the grounds capacity in season tickets holders (so in our case less than 660 season ticket holders) then they can let in season tickets holders to the home games at the season start, obviously no away fans would be allowed and you have to be at least 2 metres apart which would be overlooked by the stewards and you have to sit at least 4 seats apart in the stand and have 4 gates open so no congestion at the turnstiles.......just a thought and easy to manage.

Pointless topic of season tickets at the moment, still ages away from starting up again also the spfl are in court or wherever its taken place now with hearts and Patrick dispute, think once thats been resolved properly then the club might release some news about the season ticket situation.

Firstly i cannot believe Daz Jamieson is away to a non-league club like Kelty Hearts, he is a fantastic keeper and only Gaston's great form kept him from getting the no 1 gloves back at Gayfield, he could quite easily play in the Championship and surprised a top league 1 club never pushed to boat out to get him.

Completely agree DJ will be playing beneath his level, but think he’s pretty local to Kelty and they’re probably at least matching what any league one club could offer him.

Completely agree DJ will be playing beneath his level, but think he’s pretty local to Kelty and they’re probably at least matching what any league one club could offer him.

True but i dont think u could pay me enough to have barry ferguson as my gaffer