The Arbroath Thread

Finally, that difficult second season (album or whatever). Last time we were in the Championship about 20 years ago (though it wasn’t called that), we enjoyed a storming first season but a miserable second. What needs to be done to avoid a repeat?

IMO we have a much better team than back then and our squad has a real togetherness, the opposition is also weaker.
These players have been together for a long time now and campbell is very experience managing them well. Also a big fan of his plain & simple theories, the most important game is the next game & its only worth signing a player if he’s better than u already have.

On 04/06/2020 at 22:48, Smokie joe 🐟🇱🇻 said:

IMG_1286.jpg

On 05/06/2020 at 07:09, lichtie23 said:

Solid back up. Nice bit of business to start with

On 05/06/2020 at 14:28, ecto said:

Not sure about this, tbh

On 05/06/2020 at 14:45, Lichtie78 said:

Hard to imagine getting anyone much better when they know they will be coming in as second choice

On 05/06/2020 at 14:59, ecto said:

But is he coming as 2nd choice?,  we thought that last season, then it became obvious, he didn't

On 05/06/2020 at 15:14, Lichtie78 said:

To be honest I always thought Gaston was going to end up as our starting keeper one way or another. If you look at Gallacher’s career (has only started more than 15 league games in a season twice) he’s very much a back-up. Has also played under DC before so a pretty safe punt IMO.

On 05/06/2020 at 21:14, KierenAAFC said:

Was superb for Alloa under Jack Ross in the Championship. Moved to be Saint’s Hib’s back-up keeper after that and I’ve been really surprised at how has career has developed since that. Thought he’d really kick on to be a top-end Champ / lower Prem keeper easily.

Gallacher came in as our #1 choice goalie in 2018/19. He got a horrendous cruciate injury in the second league game of that season which kept him out of action pretty much since then. He managed to return to some semblance of fitness though and actually worked his way back into the team towards the latter part of this current season. He did us a real turn and and we went on a run of 4/5/6 games without conceding a goal. Definitely more of a solid goalkeeper than one who'll make world cup saves. He did well when he returned but you could see his injury was still affecting him - physically or mentally or perhaps a bit of both. He was slow to get down and make saves at times and his distribution was painfully slow. I would be surprised if he was coming in as anything other than second choice though that's more of a reflection of his last two years on the sidelines rather than his ability. Should be a perfectly capable backup. Best of luck to him. He's a good guy and has had a horrific time of it the last couple of years. Deserves a break. 

On 03/06/2020 at 19:05, gone fishing said:

Rotten eh mate when you were a spunk stain on the sheets I was fighting for this country. Falklands 1982 Iran 2003 done my shift for you liberal slap them on the wrist guys. Everybody in Arbroath can’t wait till they name them and shame .

I was walking past Arbroath railway station the other day,when i saw a bloke begging ,with a  "Falklands war veteran"  sign round his neck,i thought ,in this day and age, thats an absolute outrage him having to do that, so i took out a £ 20 note and placed it in his hat (whilst maintaining a safe social distance) only for him to say....Gracias Senor!

8 hours ago, Douglas Peel said:

I was walking past Arbroath railway station the other day,when i saw a bloke begging ,with a  "Falklands war veteran"  sign round his neck,i thought ,in this day and age, thats an absolute outrage him having to do that, so i took out a £ 20 note and placed it in his hat (whilst maintaining a safe social distance) only for him to say....Gracias Senor!

Old ones are always the best ones 👏👏👏

4 hours ago, farflung lichtie said:

These last two names would be a great addition in the two most critical gaps - holding midfield and striker. What about Josh Falkingham for the former?

Think Josh has a dual role at Harrogate, part time player, part time youth coach