The Arbroath Thread

An announcement on season tickets will be made once the league set up and information has been confirmed by the SPFL.  It would be unfair to announce anything until that time.

We do know that many of our fans want to help the club, and many have already have by investing in the club through shares, or buy a grand national virtual horse and of course helping us with our supporters wall.   We will bring you any news as soon as we can.  Thanks for your support as always.

On 23/05/2020 at 11:27, Philip0402 said:

Any word what the latest info on season tickets?

An announcement on season tickets will be made once the league set up and information has been confirmed by the SPFL.  It would be unfair to announce anything until that time.
We do know that many of our fans want to help the club, and many have already have by investing in the club through shares, or buy a grand national virtual horse and of course helping us with our supporters wall.   We will bring you any news as soon as we can.  Thanks for your support as always.

Ok just thought league make up had already been decided for next season and season tickets would be on offer soon.

I have a feeling football will be back this year for us. Right decision too for me. Still a long way away from August / September a lot can and will change in the next 10-12 weeks.

That's great getting ToB sorted out. Him and all the boys at the back been excellent and know each other very well now.

Shite situation for every club to be in just now but we are in a strong as a position as we could've been to get through it.

Well done all involved.

20 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

I have a feeling football will be back this year for us. Right decision too for me. Still a long way away from August / September a lot can and will change in the next 10-12 weeks.

That's great getting ToB sorted out. Him and all the boys at the back been excellent and know each other very well now.

Shite situation for every club to be in just now but we are in a strong as a position as we could've been to get through it.

Well done all involved.

I agree there probably will be football for some next season, but I feel it will be a cobbled together two leagues of 14, season started behind closed doors, with the hope of some crowds from Jan 21, and a full season in 21/22, for every team

Edited by ecto

Great news on Tam, undoubtedly the best part time player in the country, which is only my opinion. Also, the right thing to do getting Bobby tied down to take him to a testimonial, I know he featured less and less this calendar year but deserves it for his performances in the first part of the season and throughout his time with us. I actually think he will go down as one of our greatest ever players. 

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/1338437/arbroath-bobby-linn-testimonial-lichties-deal/

Courier article has Bobby signing until 2022, and confirms we have these players signed:

Gaston
Thomson
Hamilton
O’Brien
Little
Swankie
Whatley
Gold
McKenna
Linn
Donnelly
Hilson

Article also says DJ has left, and reads that Kader & Murphy have both been offered contracts.

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/1338437/arbroath-bobby-linn-testimonial-lichties-deal/

Courier article has Bobby signing until 2022, and confirms we have these players signed:

Gaston
Thomson
Hamilton
O’Brien
Little
Swankie
Whatley
Gold
McKenna
Linn
Donnelly
Hilson

Article also says DJ has left, and reads that Kader & Murphy have both been offered contracts.

Shame about DJ, somebody’s getting a good goalie. Hopefully Scott Stewart has signed too.

I agree there probably will be football for some next season, but I feel it will be a cobbled together two leagues of 14, season started behind closed doors, with the hope of some crowds from Jan 21, and a full season in 21/22, for every team

I think it'll go and should go ahead as planned. It's a long way away just now.

2 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

I think it'll go and should go ahead as planned. It's a long way away just now.

I am led to believe Championship and leagues below will start last week September or 1st week October , still says no fans planned at moment but hoping to have them attend latest in January ( awaiting government advice ) clubs to look at how they could manage social distancing, the feeling is by that time social distancing will be down to 1 metre thus allowing bigger crowds 

Edited by Robbo63

12 hours ago, Lichtie78 said:

Gaston
Thomson
Hamilton
O’Brien
Little
Swankie
Whatley
Gold
McKenna
Linn
Donnelly
Hilson

I'm more than happy with that squad of players as a starting point. A few additions like January would stand us in good stead for season ahead.

7 hours ago, lichtie23 said:

Stunned to see Murphy offered a new deal

We said that about Goldie, look at him now, the annoying thing about Murphy is, I think there is a player in there, somewhere