The Arbroath Thread

Is there a case to be made for playing our league behind closed doors? Several clubs already have their own TV channels. If we funded the upgrade of our equipment and included the subscription in our season ticket price then there may be a workable model.

Is there a case to be made for playing our league behind closed doors? Several clubs already have their own TV channels. If we funded the upgrade of our equipment and included the subscription in our season ticket price then there may be a workable model.

Am not convinced you would get enough subscribers, to cover the total loss of revenue

Am not convinced you would get enough subscribers, to cover the total loss of revenue

Or should I say, to cover enough of the loss of revenue

Or should I say, to cover enough of the loss of revenue

Agree there would likely be a loss. Savings are going to be required anyway. Just something to keep things ticking over and minimise the pain is what I’m suggesting.
Gayfield could certainly provide social distancing on the terracing. No virus could survive the North Sea wind!

If matches were restricted to home fans only and a self social distancing policy was used by our fans and others who stand on the terraces was used then possibly we could have matches played. Those clubs with seating could impose spacing and restrict numbers in both cases to an agreed safe number, but what about player safety?

If matches were restricted to home fans only and a self social distancing policy was used by our fans and others who stand on the terraces was used then possibly we could have matches played. Those clubs with seating could impose spacing and restrict numbers in both cases to an agreed safe number, but what about player safety?

I’m guessing there would have to be strict testing and regular reviews. The infection numbers would have to be right down . Let’s see how Germany gets on.

Good evening fellow Maroons, Below is my collection of the Red Lichtie famous tops that I’ve bought and collected over the years myself, Some have generously been given to me by my fellow maroons and I am always looking to add to my Smokie museum if anyone is looking to sell any old tops or programmes they are no longer needing, At last count I think I had around 450 programmes ranging from the 60’s right upto the present day and around 26 tops from the admiral 70’s upto this seasons top 🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻⚽🥇🏆🏆🏆 Any help or recommendations would be amazing, thanks in advance. I have an absolute ton of other cool afc merch from wall frames to clocks and hot water bottles (basically the clubshop) or anything Lichtie related and the plan is one day to convert it all into a maroon man cave/museum type room in the loft or convert the shed outside into a museum bar as the wife is sick of our house turning into Gayfield 2 😂😂😂 — feeling excited.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/Ka8y46AgbCMevF6M9

So as it stands away days in edinburgh, dundee, inverness, ayr, greenock(glasgow) and kirkaldy & dunfermline aren’t too bad either! Lets just hope pubs are open and theres no closed door games!

Some great away days last season & performances to match so lets hope for more of the same for 20020/21! [emoji1145] [emoji1145][emoji1145]

So as it stands away days in edinburgh, dundee, inverness, ayr, greenock(glasgow) and kirkaldy & dunfermline aren’t too bad either! Lets just hope pubs are open and theres no closed door games!

Some great away days last season & performances to match so lets hope for more of the same for 20020/21! [emoji1145] [emoji1145][emoji1145]

Assuming no reconstruction. Personally I prefer the more interesting venues of the seaside league where you are not imprisoned in one remote section of seated area, financially penalised to endure overamplified PAs and heavily policed by stewards.... but it’s maybe a nice change, well continuation, to endure a few city visits for a while.

Dj is too good to be sitting on the bench and i agree he’ll probably be away if we keep gaston along with kader & murphy.

Only other player i think might go would be swankie but im only really basing this on his age and the fact he’s not played a lot of football in the last year because he showed in a few games he’s still a class act

On 20/05/2020 at 10:55, afc_36_0 said:

Dj is too good to be sitting on the bench and i agree he’ll probably be away if we keep gaston along with kader & murphy.

Only other player i think might go would be swankie but im only really basing this on his age and the fact he’s not played a lot of football in the last year because he showed in a few games he’s still a class act

If we play this season, can see Kadar, Murphy, DJ and Swanks being away, if there is no next season, but a season after, this brings JT, Bobby and Gaston into the equation

If we play this season, can see Kadar, Murphy, DJ and Swanks being away, if there is no next season, but a season after, this brings JT, Bobby and Gaston into the equation

Pretty confident Swankie will still be here next season, he had started 3 of our last 4 games before the season was prematurely ended. Gaston has only just turned 33, which isn’t particularly old for a keeper too. As for bobby and JT, I don’t think either would be released without proof that they are past it. You’d trust both of them (and the rest of our squad) to maintain their fitness levels however long the break.