The Arbroath Thread

33 minutes ago, JoseMarooniho said:

Says on gov.uk an employee can be put on furlough by one or both of their employers. £2500 cap applies to each job

If this is right, why hasn't every part time clubs piled into this

Edited by ecto

If this is passed by a vote of members then Patrick Thistle as a member should abide by the rules and accept the decision . End of.
In 2012 I think it was that the a decision of the same members destined Rangers to League 3 which they accepted.

Thistle fans saying they’ve been shafted in the past. Something to do with the rules regarding seating which seen Caley prompted.

11 minutes ago, Housecaptain said:

If this is passed by a vote of members then Patrick Thistle as a member should abide by the rules and accept the decision . End of.

In 2012 I think it was that the a decision of the same members destined Rangers to League 3 which they accepted.

Wrong. Rangers died and a new club formed. They wanted back in to the SPL but clubs said no. They then wanted in to the First Division but clubs said no.

As a new club they were made to apply for the vacant position in the 3rd Division but unfairly skipped the queue and were given the place ahead of far more deserving clubs.

I'd be more than happy to have another season in the championship but would sooner have it confirmed by playing out the full season.

As for Partick, they are bottom on merit and have been struggling for most of the season so therefore shouldn't have too many complaints.

However, if we were in the same predicament, I would think most of us would be aggrieved of the situation.

3 hours ago, Leicesterlichtie said:

I'd be more than happy to have another season in the championship but would sooner have it confirmed by playing out the full season.

As for Partick, they are bottom on merit and have been struggling for most of the season so therefore shouldn't have too many complaints.

However, if we were in the same predicament, I would think most of us would be aggrieved of the situation.

No matter what was proposed, it was never going to please everyone, but the season does have to end at some point

I am also very concerned that the spfl are going to use this crisis to restructure the leagues and get their wish to give in to the old firm as usual and allow their colts teams into the senior leagues. If so, that would be an utter disgrace.

Would prefer to have the season played to a finish ( behind closed doors if necessary ).

The SPFL are trying to twist the arms of the smaller clubs to vote for an end to the season claiming they can't provide them with any of the £8 million until the season is over - but if the government can introduce so much new legislation during the covid - 19 crisis, then the SPFL can easily find a way to distribute the £8 million before the season finishes - it's a total scandal they are suggesting otherwise.

I am also in favour of league reconstruction with a 16 team Premier League - but there should still be promotion, relegation and play offs this season ( with perhaps the games starting again in late July or August and players contracts being extended until the end of the season ).

UEFA are meeting on 23rd April to discuss the crisis - there is no need to make a decision quickly on this matter ( the excuse being put forward by the SPFL is simply a way of trying to bully the smaller clubs into ending the season - does anyone really believe they can't find a suitable agreement with the sponsors to pay the smaller clubs now, before the season ends ) ?                                                                                                            

13 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

No games until June 10th emoji22.png

Still a vote though that all teams most vote by 5pm tomorrow to end all leagues below Premiership and it’s going to be a very close decision

Could someone explain in plain and simple terms why the SPLF are treating the Premier League differently than the other leagues ?

Why are the SPLF trying to push through a vote for ending the season for the lower leagues now , while at the same time looking at possible dates for playing completing the remaining games in the premier League - why are Premier League clubs, players and fans being being given more time to reach a decision on this matter ?

The reason the SPLF have provided is they they can release immediate funding to the lower league clubs if they vote to end the season by 5.00p.m tonight - they claim they can't pay the clubs until the season is ended due to sponsorship agreements - I am really struggling to believe that a new deal can't be agreed with the sponsors to ensure the clubs are paid in advance of the season ending.

The only two certainties in all leagues was that Dundee United and Celtic were both on track for winning the titles - almost everything else on all the other leagues was still undecided.

I will support Arbroath in whatever way they vote as they club has done the town proud, but if I was a player for Arbroath I would be looking to finish the season playing all games and  - aiming for a top 4 place as they have been outstanding this season .

Will be interesting to see how this develops - but I can't see Partick Thistle being happy if they are relegated on a vote ( possible league reconstruction could change all that, but again, the SPLF have been short on details on these proposals too - vote now and we will discuss this later seems to be their message ).

If they are not willing to include the Premiership in this then the SPFL should rightfully be told to GTF.

I’d rather see the games played to a finish whenever that may be. But the sporting integrity of the competition, remember that being peddled about in 2008 by a couple of clubs, will be overlooked in favour of the money.

6 hours ago, clashcityrocker said:

Could someone explain in plain and simple terms why the SPLF are treating the Premier League differently than the other leagues ?

Why are the SPLF trying to push through a vote for ending the season for the lower leagues now , while at the same time looking at possible dates for playing completing the remaining games in the premier League - why are Premier League clubs, players and fans being being given more time to reach a decision on this matter ?

The reason the SPLF have provided is they they can release immediate funding to the lower league clubs if they vote to end the season by 5.00p.m tonight - they claim they can't pay the clubs until the season is ended due to sponsorship agreements - I am really struggling to believe that a new deal can't be agreed with the sponsors to ensure the clubs are paid in advance of the season ending.

The what? It's not a typo when you've done it three times!

And it couldn't be any more simple. The Premiership is treated differently because UEFA have dictated that top Leagues cannot be finished yet. As soon as they lift that diktat they will be treated the same.