The Arbroath Thread

12 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

Even season ticket holders?

Well season ticket holders have already contributed so only whatever they would spend on top.

Look I know everyone won’t/can’t do more but most clubs will only survive with the help of their fans.

I think we are lucky we are only part time, our players already have an income from day jobs, some will be on a far greater income than fans who pay each week to watch them, so yeh in all for helping the club, but maybe they could do the same too???

I think we are lucky we are only part time, our players already have an income from day jobs, some will be on a far greater income than fans who pay each week to watch them, so yeh in all for helping the club, but maybe they could do the same too???

And that we are a part time team in a league with full time prize money, I assume that will still be getting paid out.

Players will understandably want their money but like you say fortunately for us they'll have their income with their other jobs as their main source.

I'd imagine we have a pretty strong tight knit group, a lot of the guys will feel a strong bond toward the club and be understanding about the situation.

Like I said earlier even after 13 of our home games I'm sure we've averaged higher crowds than what we did last year, hospitality will be up too. Although our outgoings be slightly higher.

I think we're in as good of a position as we could be in, even if that position is still pretty shite currently.

I'd happily contribute towards any fund raising events or requests from the club.

39 minutes ago, scillybirder said:

Someone might be able to provide information on buying shares in the club.

This is something I would gladly subscribe too. One way or another I think we should all endeavour to assist the club over this difficult period. As someone suggested the money you would normally pay for entrance to home game if you gave this to the club would be an immense help, 5 home games at £18 = £90. which I can appreciate is not what everyone can afford. But every little would help.

They enjoyment  and elation we have all experienced over the past few seasons with the teams performances and the management and committees efforts deserves to be rewarded by some means or another and we should not let this virus be our downfall.

15 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

And that we are a part time team in a league with full time prize money, I assume that will still be getting paid out.

I doubt very much that the League even HAS the prize money at this stage never mind paying it out. Clubs will for the moment have to find ways to tide themselves over on the assumption there is no money coming from the League.

I doubt very much that the League even HAS the prize money at this stage never mind paying it out. Clubs will for the moment have to find ways to tide themselves over on the assumption there is no money coming from the League.

Do Queens rent out the pitch at Palmerston?

To a minor degree. We try not to as far as possible to preserve its life. We have two 7 a side pitches in the Arena building next to the ground though, we rent those.

Hopefully they will keep a steady income coming in. Every little helps.

22 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

Hopefully they will keep a steady income coming in. Every little helps.

True, though it remains to be seen how long groups of individuals will hire pitches to play bounce 7 a sides. We had several concelations on Friday evening. We also have a number of businesses renting premises from us inside the QoS Arena.

If the remaining games were to be  played once things are back to normal regarding the corona virus it would obviously extend this season. The start of next season could be delayed, as in the close season, and the season shortened by cutting out cup competitions other than the Scottish cup, and only playing each other once home and away instead of twice, if that would take the season into say May next year. The following season could revert back to normal.

Or maybe there should be some reorganisation of the leagues, back to two leagues of 21 teams, each playing 40 league games.

Or maybe just end the season now and leave the league positions as they are with only automatic promotion and relegation, no play offs.

But whatever decisions are made by the SFA and SPFL, not everyone will be happy.

Who knows?