The Arbroath Thread

He was meaning switching the midweek league match against Dunfermline to the now free weekend on the 8th as both out of the cup.
If both clubs agree they can go to the SPFL and ask for the game to be brought forward.

Dont know if there is enough time though.

Not sure what your usual away crowds are like but fair play to the 220 odd that came down last night. Much more that I was expecting.

To be fair everyone always just assumes we are the same as Brechin, Montrose or Forfar because.... well Angus, but I was fully expecting that last night. The section sectioned off for us was pretty tight by the time kick off came.

To be fair everyone always just assumes we are the same as Brechin, Montrose or Forfar because.... well Angus, but I was fully expecting that last night. The section sectioned off for us was pretty tight by the time kick off came.
Tight...it was ridiculous half the stadium empty and we were crammed into a tiny section with a crap view. Won't be in any hurry to visit that stadium again.

Tight...it was ridiculous half the stadium empty and we were crammed into a tiny section with a crap view. Won't be in any hurry to visit that stadium again.

There were plenty seats like, grown adults were going in the huff because they couldn’t have a row to themselves

There were plenty seats like, grown adults were going in the huff because they couldn’t have a row to themselves

Aye section was 300, think the issue was the fact it was wet and not a great view down the front.

Anyways....

Roll on Saturday. Last nights game is still annoying me.

3 hours ago, Smokerson said:

Hindsight is a great thing, but we looked quite leggy in the second half, you wonder if Swankie, Gold, Murphy, Kader all should maybe have started and gave us a bit freshness. 

Thought the first half was fine, fairly comfortable and had plenty of the ball. 2nd half was poor, agree with the point about going a goal behind, we just didn't find a way to create.

Thankfully its the only game where Hilson and Wighton are unavailable, they would've made a huge difference last night. 

Oh aye that’s a massive boost, They both make such a difference as seen on Saturday, Back in on Saturday fresh and we will see the clear difference in our attack 🇱🇻🙌⚽

Edited by 36-0 Maroon

1 hour ago, Housecaptain said:

As far as I am aware this has been mooted but Dunfermline were not in agreement.

As Douglas Peel posted "Any midweek fixture for part/ time players is a disadvantage,if your alarm is going off at 6.30 am to go to do a job,then thats not the same as someone rolling out of bed for a 10 am get together,as is ,in the full time game."

Is that why Dunfermline didn't agree?

Hindsight is a great thing, but we looked quite leggy in the second half, you wonder if Swankie, Gold, Murphy, Kader all should maybe have started and gave us a bit freshness. 
Thought the first half was fine, fairly comfortable and had plenty of the ball. 2nd half was poor, agree with the point about going a goal behind, we just didn't find a way to create.
Thankfully its the only game where Hilson and Wighton are unavailable, they would've made a huge difference last night. 

Think if he played swanks kader gold murphy and got beat then most fans would be quick to say what you doing we coulda had hearts on tv the next round. Doesn’t really matter about the cup it’s all about the league and trying to stay in the championship .

Oh aye and Big Tams going nowhere [emoji1145]

Obviously only if its cost effective but I'd love to see us put up another set of barriers so we don't always give away half the ground when segregation in use, obviously it works fine when Dundee Utd fill the whole side but to many times only behind the goal and the small area at corner flag would be needed, that way home fans can get right down the far away stand and behind the goal at harbour end, When visiting away grounds how many times have we been stuck in a corner somewhere..
Just a thought....

Yeah Dunfermline don’t want to switch it, I was down getting tickets today when I got told the same, fair enough from Dunfermline it’s a wee advantage to them

Some of us are working that Saturday so I’m happy for it not to be moved

9 hours ago, Mexico said:

Crap view where I was sitting, loads of empty seats all around our allocated area with a better view didn't  see a problem why we couldn't have sat there instead of getting herded like cattle into a shitty corner.

Crap view where I was sitting, loads of empty seats all around our allocated area with a better view didn't  see a problem why we couldn't have sat there instead of getting herded like cattle into a shitty corner.

There was fair few ppl who did just go and sit in the home end. Obviously not something the stewards would let you do if you'd just been on to them about being an away fan. Another ground ticked off for everyone anyway on the plus side. [emoji12]

1 minute ago, afc_36_0 said:

Need another player imo, defensive/midfield cover. Ideal i’d still like an out and out striker too but it looks very unlikely. Hopefully wighton & hilson will give us the quality we’ve been missing up front

I agree with you. Donnelly was totally off the mark on Tuesday night but hopefully Hilson and Wighton can compensate for that.

Would prefer to have another player in, who is happy to sit on the bench as back up for defence. I know Whatley & Gold can fill in but they are better off in the middle of the park. Would imagine McKenna could also do a job in defence if needed.

Campbell does prefer quality over quantity with regards to the squad.