The Arbroath Thread

23 minutes ago, Dele said:

I rate him very highly. I've long said he shouldn't have stayed in Scotland though if he wanted to kick on in his career. 

Good luck to the lad, personally would've preferred him back at Dens in his quest to fulfil his early promise.

Never an out and out striker and goalscorer, more an out-ball play-maker who gave the impression he had something between his ears.

Best regards

Good luck to the lad, personally would've preferred him back at Dens in his quest to fulfil his early promise.
Never an out and out striker and goalscorer, more an out-ball play-maker who gave the impression he had something between his ears.
Best regards

If he does well in this spell and pushes on from it still a good chance he'll end up back at Dundee at some stage.

Wee highlights package

If we stay up, would like to see if there’s something we could do about the segregation situation. Obviously for teams like Dundee/United and bigger teams the ground has to be halved, but for most other teams they don’t need it. Can barely see the other end of the pitch, would be decent if we could get the whole seaside terrace for these games.

If we stay up, would like to see if there’s something we could do about the segregation situation. Obviously for teams like Dundee/United and bigger teams the ground has to be halved, but for most other teams they don’t need it. Can barely see the other end of the pitch, would be decent if we could get the whole seaside terrace for these games.

Against Dundee utd should just give them 3/4 of the ground . Remember we done that against Aberdeen in a cup a while back .

10 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

If he does well in this spell and pushes on from it still a good chance he'll end up back at Dundee at some stage.

Wee highlights package

Looks the real deal 👍🏻 Class 🇱🇻⚽Hoping it works really well for us, If it goes the Lee Erwin way we are laughing, The Colin Samuel way? Not so much 😂

Edited by 36-0 Maroon

15 hours ago, 36-0 Maroon said:

Fantastic news about Wighton, Superb signing that, We have always been superb defensively so adding him Hilson & Chalmers to the attack will definitely help with creativity and getting the goals we need with that talent and pace, the league is so tight now though it’s going to be like 15 cup finals, players will need to roll up the sleeves and as usual us fans will give great backing, We need to be playing to our strengths though and with the right team and formation, I think DJ needs to be recalled and if Gold & Whatley are fit we need them in the middle of a 5, we have dominated the midfield playing that way the previous 2 games vrs Alloa so last nights lineup was bizarre to say the least. Usual back 5 and a hard working energetic midfield 5 with either one of hilson Donnelly or McKenna uptop, With Chalmers and now Wighton onboard we have plenty of creativity to rotate and change things as well as having swanks and kader as backups 🙌🇱🇻⚽

I cant see where Gold and Whatley both start in the same team now unless you are leaving Miko out? 

Think we may change how we play slightly, if we go 2 up front with Hilson and Wighton, I am not sure where Donnelly and McKenna fit in to that, good headaches to have though.

12 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Wee highlights package

That assist against Motherwell at 2.12 gets sexier every time you see it.

Edited by RossDee01

Hopefully wighton does but i do feel like he could still be “a promising youngster” when he’s about 30

Wighton was a 'promising youngster' in regards to playing at the very top level though. Linked with moves to big clubs in the English Premier League.

On an Arbroath level he has done a million times better than some of our standout players over the years when they've played for bigger clubs like Dundee - Bobby Linn, Swankie and Doris for example.

Jason Thomson is the only one I can think of who played a good number of games over a few seasons for a big club. Most others have dropped down from youth systems.

Alot of talk in regards to signing Megginson etc for scoring goals too, at Wightons age Megginson had made 34 appearances for Aberdeen and scored 1 goal against Forfar in the Scottish Cup.

July 2015 - 2018 I am sure Spence scored about 59 goals or something but in Leagues 1 and 2. But didn't ever look like scoring in this league. 2 games into Stenhousemuir and he's on a goal a game. [emoji23]

On an Arbroath level and on paper anyway it's a really good signing, no idea how it's actually going to go but look forward to seeing how he gets on it's a great opportunity for him too which hopefully benefits us.

Wighton was a 'promising youngster' in regards to playing at the very top level though. Linked with moves to big clubs in the English Premier League.

On an Arbroath level he has done a million times better than some of our standout players over the years when they've played for bigger clubs like Dundee - Bobby Linn, Swankie and Doris for example.

Jason Thomson is the only one I can think of who played a good number of games over a few seasons for a big club. Most others have dropped down from youth systems.

Alot of talk in regards to signing Megginson etc for scoring goals too, at Wightons age Megginson had made 34 appearances for Aberdeen and scored 1 goal against Forfar in the Scottish Cup.

July 2015 - 2018 I am sure Spence scored about 59 goals or something but in Leagues 1 and 2. But didn't ever look like scoring in this league. 2 games into Stenhousemuir and he's on a goal a game. [emoji23]

On an Arbroath level and on paper anyway it's a really good signing, no idea how it's actually going to go but look forward to seeing how he gets on it's a great opportunity for him too which hopefully benefits us.

It’s a great roll of the dice by the board and the management . Signing 3 exciting attackers for a team which is playing well but not scoring enough is surely a good move. Getting the blend right is going to be the challenge.
A return to the midfield which worked well earlier in the season might help. Some tough decisions for Dick on who to leave out.
It looks like a lively run in to the end of the season!

It’s a great roll of the dice by the board and the management . Signing 3 exciting attackers for a team which is playing well but not scoring enough is surely a good move. Getting the blend right is going to be the challenge.
A return to the midfield which worked well earlier in the season might help. Some tough decisions for Dick on who to leave out.
It looks like a lively run in to the end of the season!

Yes I hope everyone sticks by the team too and doesn't get too downbeat over results.

15 games left you'd think winning 5 games would be enough for 8th going on how tight the league is. The last game of the season is against Alloa too, so if we could even just win (obviously we'd want to do as well as possible) 4 games out of the next 14 then that would set up that last game with all still to play for.

Lots of understandable frustration on Tuesday night but long way to go.

Segregation back in place this weekend. Not sure if that's necessary really. I would have contributed to putting a fence up at the end of the seaside terrace.