The Arbroath Thread

Squad numbers mean diddly squat. Would imagine the next signing(?) would be given the vacated number 14 shirt of Spence. Club won't want to waste money on extra numbered shirts.
Will have to put new names on the shirts anyways.

1 minute ago, RedLichtie86 said:
2 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:
Linked with Craig Wighton loan in the Courier.

Apparently we have outbid Dundee.

I suspect this is what McPake's been raging about saying that Hearts moved the goal posts since we are a bigger team.

To be honest, better you than us. He doesn't offer much and Campbell might be the man to finally make him get the finger out. Hope it works well.

I suspect this is what McPake's been raging about saying that Hearts moved the goal posts since we are a bigger team.
To be honest, better you than us. He doesn't offer much and Campbell might be the man to finally make him get the finger out. Hope it works well.

Tbh were dying for a bit of creativity or something man

Hilson looks promising

Wighton seems a clever player, no idea how it would work out but at this stage I'm all for it

We were apparently after him as well so either Hearts consider us a “big team” or the rumour was nonsense. Can’t say I was particularly excited about hearing we were after him.

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

We were apparently after him as well so either Hearts consider us a “big team” or the rumour was nonsense. Can’t say I was particularly excited about hearing we were after him.

McPake said that Hearts were allowing one team to pay less, 'because Dundee could pay more'.

The last 3/4 games have not been good, the 3/4 before that were, when you're in this league it's a battle every single week.

After Inverness you would have said that our only problems were scoring and creating chances. Signing Hilson and Wighton (if it happens) and to a lesser extent Chalmers is atleast attempting to solve that.

I'd start with a midfield base of Whatley and Virtanen and the usual back 4 then change it about from there forward.

I think Gold should come in and play more often and I would prefer DJ in goals to be honest.

Dundee, United and Inverness, maybe Partick Thistle too (now after their January) seem to be the harder games but when it comes to the other 5 teams in the league the games could go any way. Just need to keep battling on.

Awful tonight strange bringing Murphy in dropping whately and leaving gold out again.

Need to revert back to worked so well for us now JT is back. Midfield 3 of gold whately and miko who all compliment each other.

Don’t understand how we cannot beat the first man at any set piece just now so frustrating. Our non existing goal threat is getting a bit worrying that’s 3 games now we’ve not look scoring.

[emoji1145]" userid="78148"]Awful tonight strange bringing Murphy in dropping whately and leaving gold out again.

Need to revert back to worked so well for us now JT is back. Midfield 3 of gold whately and miko who all compliment each other.

Don’t understand how we cannot beat the first man at any set piece just now so frustrating. Our non existing goal threat is getting a bit worrying that’s 3 games now we’ve not look scoring.

I thought JT was very poor tonight

4 hours ago, RedLichtie86 said:
4 hours ago, Leicesterlichtie said:
Squad numbers mean diddly squat. Would imagine the next signing(?) would be given the vacated number 14 shirt of Spence. Club won't want to waste money on extra numbered shirts.

Will have to put new names on the shirts anyways.

Aye, true that, my bad.

[emoji1145]" userid="78148"]Awful tonight strange bringing Murphy in dropping whately and leaving gold out again.

I thought JT was very poor tonight
Yeah we was but not the only one. He’s been a solid player for us and one of our more consistent performers so wouldn’t hold one bad performance against him

Majority of the team poor tonight, Thomson, Murphy and miko in particular. Few other names worth a mention such a McKenna and Stewart.

Craig Wighton, please no.

My contacts are telling me the deal is done and Arbroath will announce it in the coming days . loan deal to end of season

See BBC website