The Arbroath Thread

I'm no saying that he's Brazilian Ronaldo at one on ones just that the 'canna finish to save himself' is clearly an exaggeration. When he's been fit and at Forfar he's had 4/5 seasons where he's went into double figures.

It's an improvement on what we have anyway and a different kind of forward player.

Great age too. Hopefully he can kick on here

Bernard black's description is pretty accurate.
Foxy's been quoted in the past that Hilson is not the person you want on a one on one with the keeper. He was a team mate at that time.
That said, for such a wee guy he wins way more headers than he should and his ball retention is excellent.

Crap game today and we really don't need another mid week match. Can't remember Mutch having to make a save. Lots of high balls into the Falkirk box with nobody capable of getting on the end of them, but kept persisting with them. Subs could have been made earlier to give them a chance to get to grips with the game and have any impact, but when Bobby Linn goes off any creativity tends to go with him.
The ref didn't do us any favours, challenges and tackles made by Falkirk were bookings for us for similar tackles, but then Scottish referees are notoriously inconsistent.
Fair play to Falkirk, they are a big, strong side and a draw is the least they deserved. Thought Ricky Little did well against the big guy Sammon considering the difference in size. 
If the manager wants to make us the best part time team in the country i think  he needs a creative midfielder and a goalscorer. Hopefully Hilson will fit the goalscorer role, but we need someone who can make things happen when Bobby Linn is subbed or gets injured.

A creative midfielder and a goalscorer. If only McCord and Doris were in shape. Still they’re not, so yes that’s right and Dick needs to find them.

2 hours ago, Loonytoons said:

Bernard black's description is pretty accurate.
Foxy's been quoted in the past that Hilson is not the person you want on a one on one with the keeper. He was a team mate at that time.
That said, for such a wee guy he wins way more headers than he should and his ball retention is excellent.

May make a good pairing with LD then, With positives being LDs link up play and touch but is still pretty shite in the air and holding up... could be a match made in heaven 🙏🏻

just watched Falkirks highlights package never seen such biased editing not a single home team shot on goal or attack on show , laughable

We never really had much to be fair, at the same time not sure what highlights they would've had either. Mcmanus had a good free kick and forced a decent save from Gaston, they had a nice move where the guy skied it... but other than that I can't think of anything. McKenna shot from the edge of the box only decent attempt we had.

Whatley and Gold can cover at the back so cant see Dick bringing in a defender, just cant see anyone being available in January that would be better that JT, Little, Tob or Hammy. 

It may be another front man he is looking for, perhaps a wide player but Stewart, Kader and Linn can all play both sides.

4 hours ago, Smokerson said:

Whatley and Gold can cover at the back so cant see Dick bringing in a defender, just cant see anyone being available in January that would be better that JT, Little, Tob or Hammy. 

It may be another front man he is looking for, perhaps a wide player but Stewart, Kader and Linn can all play both sides.

not sure about cover at LB, if required

IMO we still need a big powerful no 9 striker, it was crying out for that on Saturday as we were powder-puff up front, now that Doris is gone we do not have n "out-and-out" striker, Luke is an excellent number 10 player with good control and vision but he is not a forward to win headers or rough up the defence and Hilson/Swanks and maybe even McKenna are not out-and-out strikers so i reckon that is an area DC is maybe still looking at.

I think Miko could play centre back if needed. Not sure if he’s played there but he surely got the skills.

Hilson has been given the No.9 shirt.
Read into that what you wish but I do not think squad numbers necessarily mean where a player will be playing as I cannot see Hilson as a target man. It will be interesting to see where he fits in and who is dropped to fit him in.
Good luck to him anyway.

He certainly won’t be a target man