The Arbroath Thread

Hope this is true and not just flattering work claes

So do I regardless of whether he's here or not in February

Guys a very good football player when he's fit, absolute club legend. Still have good memories of him being a strong fast right wing back for us way back now when he was on loan. His goal against Peterhead at home when he ran diagonally across the length of the pitch was amazing. A last minute winner against Stranraer on possibly the coldest December midweek night too years back, awful crowd but everyone that went running about mental on the terracing behind the goal after it was amazing. The whole season we won Division 3 him and Swankie were sensational, nearly won Division 2 the season after as well finishing 2nd to a very good Cowdenbeath team.

Even as recently as the start of the League 1 season a couple year back and before his injury he was as good a striker you could have at that level.

However he's just not recovered from that. Some of it probably not his fault it's been hard breaking back into a good side after not playing and it's even harder to do a level up in the championship. On the other hand some of it probably down to himself as well.

But this could be a very important season right now and him and Spence just not giving us that bit extra we need to try and stay up or come on and change the game for us.

Both them need to be back playing and we're needing guys who can come on and do that pronto because there's only 16 games left.

Everybody could agree to disagree on a lot of things.

I was happy when Dick Campbell became our Manager yet a lot of Red Lichties fans were not (wondering what they are saying now?)

Big Luke - although i never thought he was playing well at the time i thought he had something to give yet he was getting slaughtered by some fans but he has turned most of them around after a few good performances and a few goals.

I would keep Doris and some fans want him to move on, it is every Red Lichties fans own opinion and so it should be.

Heard on the grapevine Stewart Petries club have bid £7.5k for Stevie (i really hope he does not go there) also that he is part of the Hilson deal and also the Cove Rangers have enquired about him but with Meggison and now McAllister and a £20k bid for Goodwillie i reckon Cove do not need any more strikers.

Let's see what happens but i would be glad if Stevie stays and we get Hilson in as at the moment if Doris goes we do not have a a proper no 9 striker as i would class McKenna/Swanks/Big Luke/and Hilson if he signs as no 10's and not out and out strikers. 

If true (Emmerdale fans saying Doris played for them tonight in a friendly against the Hedgetrimmers and he played well) then i wish Stevie Doris all the best and thanks for his sterling efforts for the Red Lichties in his 3 stints at AFC, also goes down as a true Red Lichtie legends with his 3 x League Championships medals, i am gutted you are away from the club but wish you the best and glad you never signed for our Arch Enemies. 

Please don’t take Hilson, please?

Doris plus cash for Hilson I believe. Can’t imagine Steven would have moved otherwise. A good deal for both clubs I hope .
Doris always a Lichtie legend. It would be good to see him getting regular first team starts.
Hilson looks like he has the sharpness we’re missing in front of goal.