The Arbroath Thread

Given that there is only Travis and Bain (I think) left from that squad I can't see where the "hasn't stopped biting them on the arse" bit is relevant.

It's relevant because we won the league and have pushed on to win another league because we took all your best players and now look like we might continue to do so... because we won the league... after you's 'won it' at Gayfield

It's relevant because we won the league and have pushed on to win another league because we took all your best players and now look like we might continue to do so... because we won the league... after you's 'won it' at Gayfield

So not relevant to the points I made then.

So not relevant to the points I made then. 

Well it is

Because if you won League 2 ( like properly won it where it's official and you get the trophy and that ) and we stayed in League 2 we might not have got your best players.

Even if we did it is very unlikely we would've won League 1 in 2018/19 which means we wouldn't have been in the #somoney position we are now in the championship.

A position that lets us to continue to hover up all your best players if we want to.

It's no difficult mate

I am a Stevie Doris fan and i still maintain he could still play a part for the Red Lichties this season so i was please to read DC's comments in today's Courier that he was in no hurry to let SD go even although 3 other clubs are trying to get him.

I agree he is not a fit state but i still think he could come off the bench for the last 20-30 minutes and do a job for us, how on earth he never got the last 20 against Morton had a lot of fans in disbelief as it was crying out for a penalty box striker to get on the end of chances getting fired across the box and that is what Stevie is best at including being superb in the air.

If he does leave i hope it is on loan to get him game time and match fit and hopefully gets some goals as remember he is still only 31 years old. 

If he does get transferred to another club i would be disappointed but would hail him as a true Red Lichtie hero who in 3 stints with us has been a great player and a fans favourite and will go down in history as winning 3 league championships medals for us.

Yes unfit but imo he could still do a job for us and at 31 years old he still has a few years at a good level we just have to get him fit, at the moment he would be a great sub for us, just cast your mind back at the start of the season at Tannadice, he was superb that day so for some AFC "fans" to say he is finished is a joke.

Is the argument that Forfar fans deserve all they get because Forfar players celebrated winning the league at Gayfield? Yet the point scoring is the fact that Arbroath have poached a lot of these aforementioned players?

I am a Stevie Doris fan and i still maintain he could still play a part for the Red Lichties this season so i was please to read DC's comments in today's Courier that he was in no hurry to let SD go even although 3 other clubs are trying to get him.
I agree he is not a fit state but i still think he could come off the bench for the last 20-30 minutes and do a job for us, how on earth he never got the last 20 against Morton had a lot of fans in disbelief as it was crying out for a penalty box striker to get on the end of chances getting fired across the box and that is what Stevie is best at including being superb in the air.
If he does leave i hope it is on loan to get him game time and match fit and hopefully gets some goals as remember he is still only 31 years old. 
If he does get transferred to another club i would be disappointed but would hail him as a true Red Lichtie hero who in 3 stints with us has been a great player and a fans favourite and will go down in history as winning 3 league championships medals for us.
Yes unfit but imo he could still do a job for us and at 31 years old he still has a few years at a good level we just have to get him fit, at the moment he would be a great sub for us, just cast your mind back at the start of the season at Tannadice, he was superb that day so for some AFC "fans" to say he is finished is a joke.

It’s January and he’s nowhere near fit enough to play in the championship. How long do we wait?I love Doris and have maintained he can contribute at this level until recently, but we cannot have passengers. As you say he will remain a legend at the club, and is a dead cert for the hall of fame as soon as he retires, but I think it’s best for both parties if he moves on.

Is the argument that Forfar fans deserve all they get because Forfar players celebrated winning the league at Gayfield? Yet the point scoring is the fact that Arbroath have poached a lot of these aforementioned players?

The point is Forfar bottled the league and since then we have taken their best players at will, with great success.

Yes

But they didn't win the league at Gayfield, just acted like they had then had a monumental collapse, allowing us to win the league in Stirling, great day

After they got promoted to the same league as us (League 1) we then went and took 3 of their best players at the time, Tam O'Brien was one and he is now our captain. This allowed us to also go and win League 1, which now means we are in the Championship which now means we can go and take their best player again

The fact that Gary Bollan and Jim Weir were also involved in this, 2 of the most bitter individuals going, made this all the sweeter

Although this is all fun and games on my part anyway and just a wee wind up.

The way the Forfar players celebrated that day spurred our team on, that's on record from DC and some of the players. Makes this current situation very enjoyable for all involved

Wouldn't read too much into they comments mate..

11 minutes ago, Lichtie78 said:

It’s January and he’s nowhere near fit enough to play in the championship. How long do we wait?I love Doris and have maintained he can contribute at this level until recently, but we cannot have passengers. As you say he will remain a legend at the club, and is a dead cert for the hall of fame as soon as he retires, but I think it’s best for both parties if he moves on.

Sadly have to agree potentially would miss his old man and niece Before and at games more than I would himself at present 😂