The Arbroath Thread

What about Nathan Austin from Kelty? He has scored 30 goals for them in the league this season. I say he'd be worth a go but might be a big jump up to the Championship, however he did play for Inverness previously.

We wanted him in the summer along with several league clubs I'm sure. Got a job and a very good PT wage from Kelty so he'll not be going anywhere.

Your after Dale Hilson from Forfar

Have heard this also. Would be surprised if Forfar would even entertain a bid from us, they wouldn’t even let us have Andy Munro last January. Still absolutely rattled from their 16/17 implosion and our subsequent plundering of their players.

I hope not, I don't think he will improve our team.

The fact he's scored 21 goals since the beginning of last season is surely an improvement on anything we have at the moment?

Outwith Bobby is anyone even in double figures for us? Donnelly and McKenna possibly but can't think of anyone else.

Totally different option to anything we currently have. Wouldn't be over the moon with it or anything but it would be a solid enough signing. Good age too which fits the kind of player DC has been bringing in.

New manager at Forfar now which will maybe make it a different story. Jim Weir and Gary Bollan were very bitter men.

After looking at the Forfar thread.

A response from a Forfar fan below, replying to someone else saying we were after Hilson last night.

Season over if that is true

Surely that's reason enough to make him our top transfer target. Inflicting more misery on Forfar Athletic would be extremely satisfying. That day they 'won the league' at Gayfield really hasn't stopped biting them on the arse.

Have heard this also. Would be surprised if Forfar would even entertain a bid from us, they wouldn’t even let us have Andy Munro last January. Still absolutely rattled from their 16/17 implosion and our subsequent plundering of their players.

Maybe we could offer some kind of gentleman’s agreement into the deal?

Regarding Sutherland, at a past Q&A pink was asked about him. His reply was along the lines of, “we have to make sure we sign good people as well as good players”. Read into that what you will.
You sure you should be divulging that on here...

Guest bernardblack
After looking at the Forfar thread.

A response from a Forfar fan below, replying to someone else saying we were after Hilson last night.

Surely that's reason enough to make him our top transfer target. Inflicting more misery on Forfar Athletic would be extremely satisfying. That day they 'won the league' at Gayfield really hasn't stopped biting them on the arse.

Haha not at all. I don’t really get the “rivalry” between the Angus clubs tbh.

Hilson is a championship player, I’d love to keep him.

No way Forfar would sell Hilson to us, especially given their current predicament so i would think that would be a non starter.

Amazed to see people say he wouldn't improve us, there's no doubt he is a better player than Donnelly and Doris based on what i have seen and could also play in one of the roles out wide.

13 minutes ago, Smokerson said:

No way Forfar would sell Hilson to us, especially given their current predicament so i would think that would be a non starter.

Amazed to see people say he wouldn't improve us, there's no doubt he is a better player than Donnelly and Doris based on what i have seen and could also play in one of the roles out wide.

Would prefer a proper striker though.

Doris plus cash.

Said before but getting a striker in wont solve the issue alone, the chances need to be created, and if Linn is quiet then we dont look like breaking teams down, Surely we have decent enough contacts to get someone in on loan who can give us a but of creativity, No doubt we need another option up front but i think if Donnelly is given more service he can get more goals,

Said before but getting a striker in wont solve the issue alone, the chances need to be created, and if Linn is quiet then we dont look like breaking teams down, Surely we have decent enough contacts to get someone in on loan who can give us a but of creativity, No doubt we need another option up front but i think if Donnelly is given more service he can get more goals,

Hilson and Chalmers seem to be they kind of players. Have heard of another name too, young and pacey not an out and out striker but can play upfront or wide but will need to wait and see if anything happens

Everyone will see what like in 2 weeks time I suppose. Hopefully we can get a couple more guys in. Think we really need to