The Arbroath Thread

That's Ross County though.

Souttar and Halkett are better players and Hearts should still be looking for better than they 2.

Don't disagree with St Johnstone, St Mirren or Kilmarnock. They have much less of a budget.

ToB is magic but being overrated big time. Can't believe Rangers and Celtic were even mentioned.

Hasn’t Souttar only played about 3 times this season?

I think the old firm thing was probably tongue in cheek tbh.

We’ll have to agree to disagree but imo he’d easily get a game for Hearts.

4 minutes ago, Mexico said:

Hasn’t Souttar only played about 3 times this season?

I think the old firm thing was probably tongue in cheek tbh.

We’ll have to agree to disagree but imo he’d easily get a game for Hearts.

Been injured, just coming back now.

Who ahead of?

[emoji1145]" userid="78148"]TOB could play in the premier league but not for Celtic, Rangers, Hibs, hearts or Aberdeen.

Saying he could play for any of they teams are a bit delusional. Yes he’s good but he’s not of that quality.

You should look at the league table before making these claims, you’ve basically (like others have) listed these teams in rough order of club size, nothing else. Hibs & Hearts have both been poor this season.

Been injured, just coming back now.
Who ahead of?

Well, Souttar so far, seeing as he’s been injured a fair bit, in fact wasn’t he only injured in October so wasn’t really getting a game ahead of Halkett and Berra at the time?

And that’s even if you rate Halkett who seems to get bummed up a bit because he scores a few.

12 minutes ago, Mexico said:

Well, Souttar so far, seeing as he’s been injured a fair bit, in fact wasn’t he only injured in October so wasn’t really getting a game ahead of Halkett and Berra at the time?

And that’s even if you rate Halkett who seems to get bummed up a bit because he scores a few.

No, he had his operation in October. He's been out of action since the opening day.

Look, I don't know how good this O'Brien is, but if you think he's better than Souttar and Halkett (Which is a very, very bold statement IMO) then I'm sure they'll snap him up this window.

If Dundee United wanted him, truly wanted him to be their first choice CH in the top flight, is it out of the realms of possibilty that they couldn't offer in the region of £2k per week? (£104,000 salary)

Considering our average was around £1200 last season (And that figure incorporated some of our youth players), I'm sure we were paying some duds close to that figure and that's before you take into account bonuses etc.

Well if they wanted ti make him one of their top paid players that's a different story again but don't see why they'd do that. I would imagine 60ish maybe 70 would be more realistic

He'll be on a very good wage at Arbroath too..

Honestly thought O’Brien was shite in the 3-0 game.

He’s clearly a good Centre half but it’s bold in the extreme to say he could play in the Premiership.

Well yes I don't think you could say any defender had a good game in a 3-0 defeat. [emoji23]

Obviously an outliar, only Qots and United have conceded less than our back 4.

Well if they wanted ti make him one of their top paid players that's a different story again but don't see why they'd do that. I would imagine 60ish maybe 70 would be more realistic

He'll be on a very good wage at Arbroath too..

I’m not sure at 29 I’d be too keen to change my lifestyle and pull out of a good job for the sake of some decent money in a 3 or 4 year deal, I’d probably rather stay in my job that’ll will give me security beyond that, that’s the dilemma for a part time footballer I guess, a different story if he was around 22 or 23.

I’m not sure at 29 I’d be too keen to change my lifestyle and pull out of a good job for the sake of some decent money in a 3 or 4 year deal, I’d probably rather stay in my job that’ll will give me security beyond that, that’s the dilemma for a part time footballer I guess, a different story if he was around 22 or 23.

Agree and that's why I think he will be here in February. Should get him tied up for longer if so if possible.

2 hours ago, Mexico said:

Clubs like Hearts, Kilmarnock, St Mirren & St Johnstone etc should be looking at him and it’s pure snobbery if they aren’t.

Ross County are looking to sign Coll Donaldson ffs, TOB is head and shoulders better than him.

We have two of the best centre-backs in the league, so if we're going to be signing another one then it's going to be a young promising talent, not a gamble on a 28 year-old who hasn't played full-time before. That's not a slight on him - I haven't seen him play much since his Cowdenbeath days, but us giving him a miss is hardly "snobbery".