The Arbroath Thread

I would take a punt on Spence if he came available.
I will drive him there personally.

Been an utter tragic signing for us. His goalscoring record sums up him up perfectly.

Tbh i think he isnt good enough for you guys. Brechin, Stenhousemuir or Stirling would be more like his level.

Hard to believe Spence is only 27. Reminds me a bit of Prunty, who at least had the excuse of being in his twilight. Spence doesn’t stand out as a horrendous player, just never looks like scoring in a million years.

Tbf that header up at Inverness just summed it up for him, what can you do, then the one that fell for him in the box just doesn't look like it's ever going to happen for him here.

Sure in his first game a midweek game against Stranraer or Stenhousemuir he had a header that very unluckily came off the bar and just never dropped for him on the rebound and it's been the same story since.

At the start of the season I thought he looked fit and promising but he fell out of the team quite early on after the Dunfermline game at home when he got booked first half and big LD came on start of second half and smashed the 25 yarder in 5 minutes after

I will drive him there personally.

Been an utter tragic signing for us. His goalscoring record sums up him up perfectly.

Tbh i think he isnt good enough for you guys. Brechin, Stenhousemuir or Stirling would be more like his level.
You have seen him a lot more than me but you don't become a bad player over night.A loan spell at us would be ideal to see how he is in a league below.Mark Mcguigan another fine example we were both in for him a while back you would be lucky if he has 5 goals this season for Stenny in league 2.

You have seen him a lot more than me but you don't become a bad player over night.A loan spell at us would be ideal to see how he is in a league below.Mark Mcguigan another fine example we were both in for him a while back you would be lucky if he has 5 goals this season for Stenny in league 2.
Think Spence is over 18 months without scoring a league goal despite the amount of minutes he has played. At League 1 and Championship level.

He would be better off at a League 2 team to find his feet again.

As much as i hate the Mo, i wouldnt want them to suffer by having him in their side.

I don't think it's as bad as RL86 says. Reckon he definitely would be worth a punt for you.

We were pretty poor second half of last season especially at trying to break teams down, everyone's game against us changed after we romped the first half and this season this is a tough league where we play with one up and where the striker doesn't get many chances. Has to hold it up by the self and do a shit tonne of running which isn't Spences game. Been in and out of the team a lot too, on off of the bench etc.

Reckon he could still do well at L1.

You train about two seconds from my house if you're wanting me to scout out any new faces 😂 had 17 players training tonight I think, only got one chance to count.

Never gone past a session without hearing an argument, full blooded stuff even in a kick about 👍

12 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Imagine Chalmers will be in Spain with Dundee United and Miko will be in Dubai with Aberdeen. Also any other potential loans probably not going to happen till next week or the week after. Scottish Cup next week.

Chalmers played in a bounce game for Utd last night against Alloa.  Think he’ll still move to Arbroath but maybe later in the window once injuries clear up or when we manage to get a new signing in.

Aberdeen signing McGeough surely means Virtanen stays put?

Hibs guys were decent enough cover but none of them good enough to step into the championship and play regularly.

Theres something I like about Greg Spence, the Prunty comparison is probably a good one. Works hard and looks to be a good pro and likeable with his team mates. It’s just not clicked for him at all. Wish him all the best if he moves on.

Aberdeen signing McGeough surely means Virtanen stays put?
Hibs guys were decent enough cover but none of them good enough to step into the championship and play regularly.
Theres something I like about Greg Spence, the Prunty comparison is probably a good one. Works hard and looks to be a good pro and likeable with his team mates. It’s just not clicked for him at all. Wish him all the best if he moves on.

I really liked Stirling. Think he'll do well.

And you would hope so yeah. Here for the season anyway but had heard Aberdeen were considering recalling him. McGeough signing for them is good news.

We are the latest to be linked with O'Brien. I take it his contract is up at the end of the season?

What's he like as a CH? No doubt he'd be an improvement on what we have but is he no nonsense or silly? No disrespect intended, but is there a reason he's still part time? Finally, do you think he'd be good enough for a title pushing team next season and potential of top flight football thereafter? (If we've still got McPake - we needn't worry about that!)

Cheers.