The Arbroath Thread

24 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

Carriero? Really? Better than Whately ?

Difficult choice, but I've gone for the Sheerin philosophy of "We don't do defensive things in midfield, but you'll need to score 4 to beat us"

Loved seeing Dylan's name on the teamsheet.

Personally, I thought Flyer would be the obvious weak link in my selection. Not as good a player as Jason, but bled maroon.

Difficult choice, but I've gone for the Sheerin philosophy of "We don't do defensive things in midfield, but you'll need to score 4 to beat us"
Loved seeing Dylan's name on the teamsheet.
Personally, I thought Flyer would be the obvious weak link in my selection. Not as good a player as Jason, but bled maroon.

That is exactly why I done two teams. The actual best football players and another for the players who have been great for the club. [emoji4]

On 31/12/2019 at 22:47, 1320Lichtie said:

In terms of careers after playing for Arbroath

Kenny McLean and Craig Forsyth the big standouts, Simon Murray third.

Hopefully Erwin can start hitting good form again in the Premiership and I've got a feeling Miko will go on to have a good career ahead of him at a good level. He really should be getting a chance in Aberdeens first team (next season of course emoji4.png)

David Mackay probably shocks me most, Im sure we sent him back to Dundee during a loan cause he was awful. 

Then went on to play over 500 games as a professional! 

After reading on another thread I did a wee bit of research

17 players been booked this season, 36 bookings, more than any other team. Have to say quite like the shithousery of that, everyone taking their turns [emoji23]

Not 1 sending off too which says a lot on our discipline. Lots of shitty fouls to break up games when required but nobody losing the heed

Unsurprisingly McKenna and Miko have the most. Mad men

On 02/01/2020 at 23:07, lichtgilphead said:

DJ

McMullan Ricky TOB Hammy

Linn Carriero Falky Sheerin

Erwin Doris

Carriero was a talent no doubt, often for me flattered to deceive 

4 hours ago, Hayshead said:

Not many mentions of Brian Kerr in people's teams of the decade.

He did a great job as holding midfielder in the sheerin teams (when everyone else was flying forward) before he got a bad injury.

Great player.

Was a 7/10 player every week for us was a real shame he never played again after the injury.

12 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Not many positives today. McKenna and Donnelly aside I think. McKennas energy is incredible and LD with some really nice touches.

Need to move on Doris and Spence I think. If they can't get on today... says it all

Agree with all of this, but also thought Doris might have helped in the 2nd half

6 hours ago, Hayshead said:

Not many mentions of Brian Kerr in people's teams of the decade.

He did a great job as holding midfielder in the sheerin teams (when everyone else was flying forward) before he got a bad injury.

Great player.

Have to say had Kerr in my original midfield

Can I ask as an Airdrie fan how our ex player Scott Stewart is fairing with you guys? Also how has josh Campbell done on loan from hibs? We had him last year for a few months and i thought he had a bit about him. We need another midfielder for our run in and wondered if he wasnt staying with Arbroath if he might be an option for us? Not sure about the 3 club rule if he has appeared for Hibs this season.