The Arbroath Thread

A club I’d like to see die

By contrast, I look forward one day to another season like last when the four Angus clubs are competing in the same league - hoping it’s League 1 rather than 2 (or Highland).

Station Park is among the best - playing surface excepted - across the country and indeed, one of the main appeals of ALL the Angus is retaining traditional stadia.

Best moment of the decade for me definitely has to be Helicopter Saturday in the sun at Stirling. To drive up & see all that away support was fantastic, atmosphere from all the singing, was brilliant. To share the momentous occasion on the pitch with the players & fellow fans as the helicopter flew over was phenomenal. I then, couldn't help but drive over to Arbroath, have a fish supper, followed by joining in the celebrations at a couple of drinking establishments, before heading back south. Will never forget that day.

Was also fortunate to see Leicester win the Premier League to add to the League 1 & 2 titles for Arbroath.

Edited by Leicesterlichtie

11 hours ago, Robertolichtie said:

Arbroath FC has no debt..... 

You might have seen we had 2 massive gates in December to top our bank accounts up, Forfar meanwhile are struggling on and off the pitch. 

🤣 'Dick' does not come cheap...surely you know that. 😀

On 29/12/2019 at 09:59, 1320Lichtie said:

That day was incredible.

Might go watch highlights of that the now actually..

For some reason the highlights from Starks Park often pop up on my YouTube, just can't help myself

2 hours ago, tbsouth said:

I am sure it will but how will you cope with the loss of TOB?

Players come, players go, the 1st half of the season has given us a chance to survive, things must be going well at station pk, judging by your interest in us

If Thomas does Go to a full time club then he’ll go with everyone’s best wishes as he has been outstanding since day one. He also deserves a chance to play in the top league. 

Id imagine we would receive a substantial fee so we’d have the chance to not only replace him but strengthen further areas of the team.

2 hours ago, Mexico said:

To be honest if TOB went to a team like Dundee United or similar he would be selling himself short, he could play for a top end Scottish Premier team in my opinion.

Bit of a contradiction there...

2 minutes ago, lichtiekev said:

Loved getting to pick the team of decade on FB, most positions are quite easy picks for me, Would loved to add a prime Swankie, Doris, Falkingham and Sheerin to the current team,

I put them in my 11

10 hours ago, ecto said:

Yeh, but average home gates this season of 1600, do help, now off you pop

Never mind all the extra hospitality thats getting sold for home games aa well..... 

Amazed a Forfar fan has so much interest in a championship team, sure he should be looking at whats happening with League 2 clubs.