The Arbroath Thread

Not sure we would’ve paid a fee for a player not getting a game for a team in the bottom half of league 2. 

Heard Chalmers can play off the front or off either right or left side which is good to know. Hopefully one more forward player to come in. It think we will see one of Doris or Spence move next month.

13 hours ago, Smokerson said:

Not sure we would’ve paid a fee for a player not getting a game for a team in the bottom half of league 2. 

Heard Chalmers can play off the front or off either right or left side which is good to know. Hopefully one more forward player to come in. It think we will see one of Doris or Spence move next month.

Would not be surprised, if both Spence and Doris are moved on

3 hours ago, gone fishing said:

Doris has a contract till the end of the season it will be his decision to move or not . Not sure when spences contract runs till

Agreed, but there are ways and means to move players, but at this stage of there careers, surely they want to be playing

10 hours ago, gone fishing said:

Irrespective if clubs agree a fee a contracted player can stay or go it’s the players decision

Correct, but if we bring in Chalmers and another front player (which I assume we may do) it would be pretty silly for Doris/Spence to stick around and sit on a bench for 6 months. It’s not as if they are young boys, both would do well inLeague 1 and 2.

23 minutes ago, Best Team in Angus said:

We will tak Doris on loan if that helps you oot😤

Suggested to my father-in-law, a season ticket holder at Brechin, that trying to get Doris, was a no-brainer

Bit extreme I'd say. 

It is but thinking back this season, I thought Spence started really well and I think Doris has done well a few games too, off the bench against Inverness I thought he had a great game, but there's not been one single game where they've been on the bench and I have thought to myself I hope one of them come on since.

The frustrating thing is Doris is a very good player and if he was in his best shape he would most definitely be a big player for us. That start of season 17/18 Doris. We all love the guy so it's frustrating. I still think he could do well in League 1 and loaning him out to play every week would surely help him

Spence in my opinion in his current condition would've been a good player for us last season. I didn't think he was at his best when he joined us, hadn't been playing and it showed. Looked sharp and fit again at the start of the season playing but don't think this level suits him. We are obviously underdogs most weeks and our striker needs to put in a shit tonne of running and have a good touch to bring everyone in to play, usually up by themselves too. Not what Spence does best at all. LD been good at that this year.

I have no idea what will happen but they're both players that will have plenty of suitors. Be sad to see Doris go to be honest but we need some fresh options upfront and sure we will be looking for them.

Chalmers a dead cert to join I think, there'll be another striker too I'm guessing then the Hibs boys will need replaced. Could be a busy January