The Arbroath Thread

1 hour ago, keptie said:

Not really getting the anti Gatson comments from some of our supporters. DJ has done well for us but he did let in a good few soft goals he should've been saving.

I think it's fairly six and half a dozen between the two of them.... however, I do think if DJ had made the error that Gaston did against Ayr he'd have been dropped for it, where as Gaston hasn't been. Wouldn't be hugely surprised to see DJ leave in January for first team football...

Post above me is bang on - we need to try to add a couple of attacking players in January to keep us out of the bottom 2, if we don't I fear we may begin to struggle. I'd also definitely look to change back to the 4-5-1/ 4-4-1-1 from a 3-5-2 which see's us completely overrun own the flanks and really nullifies our best attacking threats IMO. With 3 at the back, we have absolutely no overlap at all which makes it so easy to double up on Bobby without a runner giving him an option and taking a man away. Of course it's easy to say this after we've just been beaten and struggled, when the 3-5-2 did work extremely well against Ayr 2nd half and also v both the Dundee teams, but the reality is while we've played the 3-5-2 in the last 4 games and put in good performances in 3 of them (including the superb 2nd half at Ayr where Dick got things spot on with his changes) and we've got two points and two goals in those four games.

18 minutes ago, scillybirder said:

Pure and simple we need to splash some cash on a striker who scored if we want to stay up. The kitty should be healthy so let's get someone in.

Aye, an experienced striker, who has played at this level of above, especially with the league fixtures in January, Morton, Patrick Thistle at home and Alloa away, hurts me to say, maybe it's time for one of two, to move on Spence and Doris (and it pains me to say Doris)

16 hours ago, SimonLichtie said:

I think it's fairly six and half a dozen between the two of them.... however, I do think if DJ had made the error that Gaston did against Ayr he'd have been dropped for it, where as Gaston hasn't been. Wouldn't be hugely surprised to see DJ leave in January for first team football...

Post above me is bang on - we need to try to add a couple of attacking players in January to keep us out of the bottom 2, if we don't I fear we may begin to struggle. I'd also definitely look to change back to the 4-5-1/ 4-4-1-1 from a 3-5-2 which see's us completely overrun own the flanks and really nullifies our best attacking threats IMO. With 3 at the back, we have absolutely no overlap at all which makes it so easy to double up on Bobby without a runner giving him an option and taking a man away. Of course it's easy to say this after we've just been beaten and struggled, when the 3-5-2 did work extremely well against Ayr 2nd half and also v both the Dundee teams, but the reality is while we've played the 3-5-2 in the last 4 games and put in good performances in 3 of them (including the superb 2nd half at Ayr where Dick got things spot on with his changes) and we've got two points and two goals in those four games.

I agree with this, nothing between the keepers, at the final game of last season, was told DJ, had been offered a contract for this season, but was told there was a keeper coming in and there was no guarantee DJ would be 1st choice

1 hour ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Agree with all of what's being said. Two Hibs boys no on bench either again I don't think? They'll be away. Hopefully keep Miko too but he's been so good and sure Aberdeen will know that too..

Keeping Miko, currently looks a must

Don't see many managers do that but it must give him a good idea of what's going on all over the park rather than on touchline, Surprised more don't do it. 

To be fair at Gayf when he sits in the stand it’s only 3-4 seats back from the dugout. I’m sure the players still hear every word

Don't see many managers do that but it must give him a good idea of what's going on all over the park rather than on touchline, Surprised more don't do it. 
Don't think he would manage to stand the whole game to be fair...
Seems to only come down more when things are going wrong