The Arbroath Thread

Clubs been excellent these last few years, improved in absolutely everything by a million miles.

On the park has obviously helped off it but hopefully we can keep it going.

Always thought the potential was there and personally see us as the biggest part time club in the country, think what we are doing at the moment is a breath of fresh air in regards to generating interest in the club.

A good website and social media accounts, mascot, youth matchday experiences, training camps (run by one of our players) and the Lichtie youth memberships all seem like such simple things but they weren't happening not too long ago. See plenty of youngsters running about in Arbroath strips now it's great. Think plenty would've been lost in the past due to us not having any of the above.

The town and club seem to be as together as I can ever remember. The way local business are getting involved, the way the club promotes them, you can see how much of an impact that's made in the upgrading of the ground in particular. Everything looks way more professional inside and out and online too

Dick and all the people behind the scenes done such a good job.

Still can't really believe that it's a Monday morning and I'm sitting in work a bit gutted we've only drawn with Dundee in a league match... whilst also looking forward to welcoming Dundee United at home in a league match this weekend.

Bad times will come again no doubt but think the club as a whole have put all the right things in place to be able to bounce back strongly.

Hopefully never end up in League 2 ever again.

Also how many good moments has Bobby Linn gave Arbroath? They just keep coming and coming, must be our best player for a very long time???

The two HIbs boys can GTF for me, absolutely ludicrous that they missed last night to play in a bounce game. Maybe not Josh and Ben's fault but certainly no good for us and i hope we are not paying their wages this week.

I like Stirling and would want him to stay. Said earlier if we could swap Declan Glass for Josh Campbell that would be dandy. Bruce Anderson to jump in the car with Miko too would be good.

Not too far off that time only a couple of weeks until January.

Whaurs the best place for parking near the ground?

Big grassy area at the back of Gayfield but it's a nightmare trying to get out afterwards. Up Viewfield Road area, Warslap Avenue etc would be the best. Just a wee walk past the infirmary and then down the hill to the ground.

7 hours ago, superbigal said:

Bought this original piece of artwork for my auld dads xmas. I assume the subject matter and his grapes were fairly well known 10 years ago ? How is he doing now ?20191219_103732.jpeg

Great Guy is Sye, still going strong and attending the games most weeks, definitely mellowed over the years, a bit of a legend amongst the Gayfield faithful, I heard about him when I first started going when I was 6 back in 1990 with my dad and grandad, some classic stories 🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻

Edited by 36-0 Maroon