The Arbroath Thread

and ive got 4 in car.

[emoji23][emoji23]

Good to hear though. Certainly wouldn't be the same kind of occasion for the away fans if it was just a random league club we were playing

Think we've only had 1 home league game under 1000, so if these numbers are right then there should be a decent crowd

Really fancy us to get a good result

Miko or Scott Martin

Both slightly different

Martin more lively and 100 mile an hour and better at winning the ball back

Miko such a calm head and better with the ball, very composed and clever

I'm really not sure if I had to pick would maybe go for Miko as he's standing out in a harder league. So glad he's fit again

Feel sorry for whatley, he just cannot get a goal. 1st half he stepped on the ball in the 6 yard box and 2nd half had his goal chopped off after s nice move. When was the last time he scored???

Away to Ayr United in a 2-1 win a couple seasons ago. Very good goal too. Swankie to Doris, a Doris lay off then side footed looping over the keeper from 30 yards, I think

5 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Away to Ayr United in a 2-1 win a couple seasons ago. Very good goal too. Swankie to Doris, a Doris lay off then side footed looping over the keeper from 30 yards, I think

Screamer

Too good for us last night, we should have seen game out at Auchinleck, hope you beat Falkirk in next round and go on a good cup run.Talbot had to score first to have a chance and we should have, but you really only get one chance to beat the bigger teams, and that was last Saturday.Good luck Arbroath.

Feel sorry for whatley, he just cannot get a goal. 1st half he stepped on the ball in the 6 yard box and 2nd half had his goal chopped off after s nice move. When was the last time he scored???

Tbf it’s nose bleed territory for him in opposition 6 yard box. Unlucky with chopped off goal great ball through by LD

I thought we were a wee bit anxious at the start of the game, trying to push for an early goal and tending to rush things. Talbot had a couple of chances early on but once we settled we started to take more control. The first goal came from a good move on the left, Kader putting in a low cross across the goalmouth and McKenna guiding it home.

Second half was better, we started to dominate and once Bobby Linn scored our second we relaxed a bit, started playing the ball about and keeping possession.  Third goal from Stewart really sealed the win. 

Could see why Talbot have done so well in this competition against teams from higher leagues, they are a strong side and work for each other and keep fighting. Best of luck to them in the Junior Cup.