The Arbroath Thread

What are the expectations of most of the Arbroaths fans, on tomorrows game against Talbot.Are you thinking of a 5 or 6 nil win, a canter at a shabby wee junior club with sparce facilities and a cow field pitch, or have you heard enough about Talbot up in the North East to expect a tough match.I myself think the exposure Talbot have recieved in recent cup fixtures has removed the surprise factor when senior clubs arrive at Beechwood, come out for the game and the players thinking holy f@#k this junior team are better supported than us, id love to play on this pitch, partisan  atmosphere putting established pro's under pressure with a couple of Talbot players refusing them any time on the ball.Come Saturday night it will be interesting to know if the Arbroath fans enjoyed their wee jaunt to Auchinleck, although i hope its with disappointed faces on the long road home.

come out for the game and the players thinking holy f@#k this junior team are better supported than us, id love to play on this pitch, partisan  atmosphere putting established pro's under pressure with a couple of Talbot players refusing them any time on the ball

Expecting mass transfer requests after our visit to Auchinleck tbh

IMG_2950.jpg

4 hours ago, lichtie23 said:

The United game in March moved for tv to the Friday night. No doubt a loss in the hospitality which isn’t good. f**k BBC Scotland

Hospitality was sold out, already for all the Dundee clubs visits, were sold out before the season started, I know, because I tried

What are the expectations of most of the Arbroaths fans, on tomorrows game against Talbot.Are you thinking of a 5 or 6 nil win, a canter at a shabby wee junior club with sparce facilities and a cow field pitch, or have you heard enough about Talbot up in the North East to expect a tough match.I myself think the exposure Talbot have recieved in recent cup fixtures has removed the surprise factor when senior clubs arrive at Beechwood, come out for the game and the players thinking holy f@#k this junior team are better supported than us, id love to play on this pitch, partisan  atmosphere putting established pro's under pressure with a couple of Talbot players refusing them any time on the ball.Come Saturday night it will be interesting to know if the Arbroath fans enjoyed their wee jaunt to Auchinleck, although i hope its with disappointed faces on the long road home.

I’d take any win whatsoever, Dick will cover himself by picking a woefully under strength team though.

What are the expectations of most of the Arbroaths fans, on tomorrows game against Talbot.Are you thinking of a 5 or 6 nil win, a canter at a shabby wee junior club with sparce facilities and a cow field pitch,

I myself think the exposure Talbot have recieved in recent cup fixtures has removed the surprise factor when senior clubs arrive at Beechwood, come out for the game and the players thinking holy f@#k this junior team are better supported than us, id love to play on this pitch, partisan  atmosphere putting established pro's under pressure with a couple of Talbot players refusing them any time on the ball.

Tbh the ground does look like a bit of a shitehole, pitch looks good though

That second paragraph [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Everyone expecting a tough game but some of the shite the Talbot fans can come away with, they're relevant in Scottish football a couple of cup ties a season ffs

Trust me there is.

I’ll be there tomorrow anyway, taking refuge amongst the Arbroath fans.

Welcome to the good side.

And yes I totally agree. We are a championship side. Losing tomorrow would be a total embarrassment, no offence intended to the Talbot fans

Great squad above and i probably could name 80% of the players which i will do later but in the back row you have ? - Carson - ? - McKenzie - Yule? - Murray - ? - Sellars - Arburthnett.

middle row - Milne - ? - Fletcher - Donald - Penman - ? - Wilson - Haxton - Rylance - ?

front row - Payne - Mitchell? - Cargill - Cant - Reid - Walker -

Decent result today although being a Championship side most folk would say we should have won at a canter, was working today so was not at the game but watched the live update and we had the majority of play/shots/corner-kicks etc but folk at the game would know better than me.

Had a few phone calls from mates at the game and said we had a big support down there.

Looking at this game imo this was set up for Stevie Doris to play in with a tight park and battles going on, say what you like about Doris but he is very strong, great at holiding the ball up and can take a goal, i thought he was excellent when he came on against ICT, regardless he never started i was surprised he never even came on as a sub but i suppose DC knows his squad better than me.

The main thing is we are still in the draw but this will only be a decent result IF we finish the job at Stade La' Gayf.