The Arbroath Thread

I'd like to see Josh Campbell maybe being swapped for Declan Glass, can't see him getting much time in Uniteds first team this season and he'd be another goal threat.

Sure United would love to have him getting minutes in this division. Also another attacking option brought in as our last loan in January.

Not sure i see the point of a midweek friendly in november when we have a game every weekend & a thin squad

We have bounce games every week near enough I'm sure Montrose use the same training facility as us and at the same times

They're effectively training sessions

7 hours ago, senorsoupe said:

That Dick Campbell interview on Open Goal was fantastic.

Yeah just watched it last night, absolutely brilliant, I was gutted when it ended as could listen to him and his stories all night, absolute class guy, legend and one of a kind  🇱🇻⚽🙌

Any Dees on here, how many fans do you reckon you'll bring through? 2k? more?

I live outside the country and hoping to get back for the Dundee game (I'll miss the Utd one unfortunately ; but the one in March possibly tied in with a Scotland playoff) for a chance to see the Arabs at Gayfield ; Christ, I am havering.. but anyone reckon any of the Dundee and United games will be ticket/sell out even?

We've getting 1,100 or so on average and with 2-3k away fans won't that sell out? I take it it'll be segregated too e.g no swapping stands? Both Queens and Caley games, I got speaking to away fans. Both occassions different people commented on how great it was to come back to Gayfield ; the swapping of the stands is brilliant and PS if you are ever speaking to a QOTS fan don't ever say Dumfries is in the borders (lazily just lumped them together) and both times was told ''We're no fae the fúcking Borders," :D

Still to listen to the DC Open Goal pod ; my pal was saying the first bit is mostly him talking about Largs. Either way should be interesting.

Edited by Kejan

United will sell out away end. Imagine Dundee will bring about 2000. Probably be a gate of about 3500-4000 id guess. United a wee bit more. Both definitely be segregated yeah.

The open goal interview is smashing, not too much about us but the odd bit more about DCs career and his thoughts on the game. Few really good moments the Sauciehall Street story brings a smile every time I hear it.

Great character and I'm sure he will appeal to a lot of folk and maybe even potentially a few good players listening to that who would fancy working under him.

Good publicity and guy is smashing. It's his birthday on Friday so hopefully team give him something to celebrate on Saturday.

23 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

United will sell out away end. Imagine Dundee will bring about 2000. Probably be a gate of about 3500-4000 id guess. United a wee bit more. Both definitely be segregated yeah.

The open goal interview is smashing, not too much about us but the odd bit more about DCs career and his thoughts on the game. Few really good moments the Sauciehall Street story brings a smile every time I hear it.

Great character and I'm sure he will appeal to a lot of folk and maybe even potentially a few good players listening to that who would fancy working under him.

Good publicity and guy is smashing. It's his birthday on Friday so hopefully team give him something to celebrate on Saturday.

Aye, let's hope so.

I'm off for 7 days after tomorrow night and really looking forward to it over the weekend and hearing it. Hopefully with a win as well. I'd love to see us go on a cup run  ; then again staying up is the key this year.