The Arbroath Thread

Congratulations on another decent win today.  It is just passed a 1/4 of the season and lets see where we all are come May. 

I would dearly like yourselves and us to stay up at the expense of one of the so called 'Big Boys' after being written off by almost everyone bar those who actually know the teams. 

Onwards and upwards...

Since 1980 we've only been in the second top tier twice, 2001/2002 (shown below) which was an amazing season for the club with a whole host of the best players I've seen play for us in the team and the season after that which I shall be completely ignoring. Whatever happens this year will be at 'worst' our 2nd best season for 40 years, and it has potential to be the best. Glorious.

image.png.ff99d287a2360893d20ab5f25a4d5565.png

That league winning total is ridiculously low. 9 points off the spl [emoji102]

That was the year Airdrie folded as they were crippled by the 10000 seater stadium that they built to get into the SPL.

Falkirk stayed up.

And then the c***s from Airdrie bought struggling Clydebank, moved them to Airdrie and changed the name to Airdrie United.

Well done from us at the Mo. Keep it going and we''ll try to do likewise in L1.

No probs between us except when playing each other. Both have Campbell family connections so a bit of decent rapport between the fans no bad thing, as I say, between times!

Cheers.

I’d love to see Arbroath win the play off finals.  Particularly after all the “they will go right back down” shit at the start of the season.

Let's be honest that isn't happening [emoji23]

But it would be great to get another 3 points next week. Then realistically have another 22 football matches to get 17 points which would surely be enough to stay up. Every win just takes off a wee bit more pressure.

The run of games we have after Saturday is extremely hard

Ayr away
Dundee home
Dundee United home
Qots away
Inverness away

Well done to all the players, management and staff at Gayfield for creating such a buzz around the town - could have easily been 5-0.

In decades to come some of these players will get inducted into Arbroath's Hall of Fame - I have no doubt about that.

Great to see Arbroath flying the flag for part - time clubs - hoping Alloa can continue to fly the flag too.

The boys in maroon have done the town proud.

12 minutes ago, Kejan said:

Is that a wee pie stand in the corner behind the goal? Only noticed it yester

It is a pie hut, only put up last week

Edited by ecto

1 minute ago, afc_36_0 said:

Great idea. couple of port a loo’s that side of the ground would be good too due to my overactive pint arm emoji481.png

Years ago the trench used to go all the  around to plesh end, behind the terraces, and at the bottom of the trench were corrugated iron, structures to pee  against