The Arbroath Thread

14 minutes ago, timlichtie said:

A tough, tough draw. I wouldn’t call it winnable. I’m not even sure we’ll be favourites.

We hope you're big favourites with the bookies. Ayr and Cove were.

A really good game to look forward to , Talbot have been one of the best junior sides around for years and have proven to enjoy their games against senior teams in this tournament, some very good results over the last few seasons , never going to be easy down at their ground and we will have to be at our best , should be a good day out .

Great draw for us and a brilliant day out to look forward to however under no illusions how tricky it will be if we turn up with the wrong attitude.Β 

Didn't realise Auchinleck had already played 4 games to get this far. Three away games and beat Cove who are no mugs.

So that’s the first quarter done and dusted and we sitΒ 6th on 11 points and above the likes of Morton Partick and Dunfermline with 3 wins (Alloa Dunfermline Morton) 2 Draws (Partick & Qots) and 4 Defeats (Inverness, Dundee, Ayr & Dundee Utd, Despite the real lack of attackingΒ wingers and an out and out striker which we will probably look to address in the January market we have done fantastic and the players have really done us proud. IMO we have really played to our strengths in the 4-5-1 and not looked out of place in this championship at all and it’s incredible to think while weΒ are 3 points off the bottom, we are alsoΒ only 7Β off the top.Β This might sound daft but we could easily have been sitting top and have a deserved extra 8 points whenΒ Β I recap as the games we drew should have actually been wins (Both offside goals should have counted) the unfortunate late errorΒ by jamieson up at Inverness and at tannadice if we just held on for a few more minutes, TheΒ close results also show the fine margins and how easy a game can turn on its head in this league being so tight, Hopefully we can have an even better 2nd quarter and get to the half way point inΒ January before we freshen up for the second part of the season, Best team for me so far have been Ayr with Morton being the worst, Highest point was Donnellys goal at tannadice and being part of the amazing lichtie army, what a day and atmosphere, also Bobbys free kick on Saturday was a superb moment, Low points probably the last 2 mins at Tannadice and first half an hour against Ayr, Reckon if we can replicate the same 10-11 points each quarter we should stay save πŸ™ŒπŸ™ŒπŸ™ŒπŸ‡±πŸ‡»πŸ‡±πŸ‡»πŸ‡±πŸ‡» No matter what happens it’s been a brilliant experience so far and great fun. Here’s to more amazing Lichtie moments.

So that’s the first quarter done and dusted and we sitΒ 6th on 11 points and above the likes of Morton Partick and Dunfermline with 3 wins (Alloa Dunfermline Morton) 2 Draws (Partick & Qots) and 4 Defeats (Inverness, Dundee, Ayr & Dundee Utd, Despite the real lack of attackingΒ wingers and an out and out striker which we will probably look to address in the January market we have done fantastic and the players have really done us proud. IMO we have really played to our strengths in the 4-5-1 and not looked out of place in this championship at all and it’s incredible to think while weΒ are 3 points off the bottom, we are alsoΒ only 7Β off the top.Β This might sound daft but we could easily have been sitting top and have a deserved extra 8 points whenΒ Β I recap as the games we drew should have actually been wins (Both offside goals should have counted) the unfortunate late errorΒ by jamieson up at Inverness and at tannadice if we just held on for a few more minutes, TheΒ close results also show the fine margins and how easy a game can turn on its head in this league being so tight, Hopefully we can have an even better 2nd quarter and get to the half way point inΒ January before we freshen up for the second part of the season, Best team for me so far have been Ayr with Morton being the worst, Highest point was Donnellys goal at tannadice and being part of the amazing lichtie army, what a day and atmosphere, also Bobbys free kick on Saturday was a superb moment, Low points probably the last 2 mins at Tannadice and first half an hour against Ayr, Reckon if we can replicate the same 10-11 points each quarter we should stay save [emoji119][emoji119][emoji119][emoji1145][emoji1145][emoji1145] No matter what happens it’s been a brilliant experience so far and great fun. Here’s to more amazing Lichtie moments.

Would agree with all this lad

Same story for every team mind you but we could easily have a good few more points, other teams will have similar stories though. We definitely were deserved winners in our 3 wins which is very pleasing, especially Alloa which in my opinion is our most complete performance so far

The strikers we have are good players and out and out strikers they just have not got good scoring records which is the problem. Hopefully Scott Stewart getting back fit can give us another good option out wide. Great to see we are still a solid side even in this league and Bobby is on fire up here too.

7 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Β 

Would agree with all this lad

Same story for every team mind you but we could easily have a good few more points, other teams will have similar stories though. We definitely were deserved winners in our 3 wins which is very pleasing, especially Alloa which in my opinion is our most complete performance so far

The strikers we have are good players and out and out strikers they just have not got good scoring records which is the problem. Hopefully Scott Stewart getting back fit can give us another good option out wide. Great to see we are still a solid side even in this league and Bobby is on fire up here too.

Β 

Cheers mate πŸ˜ƒπŸ‡±πŸ‡»πŸ‡±πŸ‡»πŸ‡±πŸ‡»
Β 

Yeah Scott Stewart was excellent on Saturday, great to see him back, Swankie won’t be too far away either so he will be like a new signing, Thought the team on Saturday was brilliant and I was close with my selection as I had Murphy and McKenna instead of Miko and Donnelly, Not sure how Dick fully see’s it but from what I can see we have a great 20 man squad which is very strong, experienced and versatile. See if you agree with this.

Β 

Jamieson & Gaston Will always be slugging it our for No1, Although I prefer Jamieson,Β Gaston has been solid of late and deserves the top at the moment.

Β 

The back 4 will always pick itself IMO with Wilson a solid backup and only other recognised defender.

Β 

On the wings it looks like we have Stewart Bobby McKenna and Kader

Β 

Centre Β midfield is where we are most packed with goldy Whatley Murphy Miko Stirling Campbell and then SwankieΒ when he is back lol

UptopΒ Donnelly Spence and Doris.

Β 

In Dick we trust though and look at all the Glorious Β success he has brought us so I would never bet against the man and wouldn’t be surprised if he didn’t bring in anyone in January as the squad can play in a number of positions and are quite versatile for example with injuries and suspensions you could have Whatley goldy (Also could play on the wings)Β Stirling and Campbell All playing at the back, McKenna and swankie can play uptop, TOB is that good he could probably play anywhere lol

Β 

Its always nice though seeing new faces and to freshen up which would help give us an even greater chance of staying in this very close and difficult challenging championship, I think he will and personally I would like to see a couple of attacking wingers, because we play 4-5-1 We have 3 good strikers fighting out for that 1 position so he might not add to that depending on how well they do from now until Jan, Spence & Doris don’t help themselves though as they had a massive chance to turn it on against Clyde and did nothing which will have annoyed Dick hence why I feel Donnelly is leading the race and deservedly so at the moment πŸ™ŒπŸ™ŒπŸ™ŒπŸ‡±πŸ‡»πŸ‡±πŸ‡»πŸ‡±πŸ‡»βš½οΈΒ Β 

Β 

Β 

The sooner swankie is back the better for me. Referring to the Clyde game the service our strikers got was shocking we even had a Clyde fan making comments regarding the issue. A few of the guys on here gave Doris the only player with pass marks after the game. Going back to swankie he is the only midfielder we have that can get his head up see a forward pass that’s not a criticism of the midfield who at times this season have been very good. We need swankie pulling the strings in midfield creating chances etc