The Arbroath Thread

22 hours ago, afc_36_0 said:
23 hours ago, Neilymckirdy said:
I am a Clyde supporter & was up to see the game yesterday. I was interested to read all the comments re lack of goals from your strikers. I know you’re on a bad run after a great start to the season but based on yesterday’s game I don’t see what the strikers are meant to do when every ball up to them is a high aimless ball from the goalie or captain no. 5 . There was no build up play or chances created for them. This must be the manager’s preferred style of play but it must be hard being a striker when that’s the service they get. 

Quite true but it’s definitely not our manager’s preferred style of play. We’re always a much better team when we get the ball down & play but we’re lacking in any sort of creativity just now and resorting to hoofball which never works for us and is thoroughly depressing.

Attacking wise from last season we have lost mccord, denholm and wallace without replacing them and swankie has been out with injury. As i mentioned in a previous post its no surprise we’re creating very few chances & when we do not taking them.

Perhaps the manager should pass that on to the players then.

Would be great. Was almost tempted to see them at Albion yesterday.
Only downside to that tie is that it may not get played until about April next year. [emoji38]
On the brightside it would be some achievement for us to still be in the cup in April.

Off topic but has anyone noticed mark whately’s right foot is like a pitching wedge? Always seems to kick into the ground.

Not sure what to make of him loosing the captaincy, he’s always given 100% but I questioned whether he had the ability to step it up but he’s been one of our better & most consistent performers this season

We'll be up for it alright, and reckon it's a cracking draw for us with another decent league side visiting Beechwood.

We love these occasions as it gives us a chance to pit our wits against the bigger clubs, with the chance of a possible upset as did with Cove yesterday, and Ayr and Cove last season too. You'll enjoy your day at Beechwood. It's an excellent ground for a non league team with plenty of cover if the weather's not great. Pie hut is superb, as is the social club.  We have an excellent programme and memorabilia hut with something for everyone. Good pubs in and around the ground. What more could anybody want?

Hoping for decent bookies odds again. 14-1 to beat Ayr last season and 10- to beat Cove this time around.