The Arbroath Thread

When Gaston made that outstanding save at Tannadice last weekend then first thing I said to my dad was it was Grindley esque - said by each of us 4/5 times a season when a keeper makes a worldie save. 10 odd years later and that c**t and his heroics still haunt us :(

When Gaston made that outstanding save at Tannadice last weekend then first thing I said to my dad was it was Grindley esque - said by each of us 4/5 times a season when a keeper makes a worldie save. 10 odd years later and that c**t and his heroics still haunt us [emoji20]

Speaking of keepers I see Alloa might be without their cracking keeper Parry till the end of the season

The guy that played in goal in the 3-2 league cup game at Gayfield looked far from convincing

Said we shouldn't have used a first team wage on Gaston... but if same happened to DJ we would be sorted, so definitely harsh on DC there

Although still wish we signed another striker or wide player on loan instead of 3 centre mids [emoji23]

Just watched the game again this morning.

The commentators were havering like f**k about the "conditions". Its a bit "windy"
"Arbroath will be used to playing in this sort of weather"

The flag was barely fluttering and they were making out it was like hurricane bawbag

The commentators were havering like f**k about the "conditions". Its a bit "windy"

The flag was barely fluttering and they were making out it was like hurricane bawbag

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

I know

The 2 of them were physically at the game too!!!

Fuds, although enjoyed the fact Billy Dodds was also raging at our disallowed goal

4 minutes ago, RedLichtie86 said:

Exactly @RedLichtie86 Its like the world class producers have said to the commentors. 'Right lad, arbroaths near the sea, make sure we tell every**** Its like a scene from twister out there. And oh, arbroath are part time!

Weather had absolutely sweet FA to affect the game last night. Just some amateur linesman

United’s wheels have fallen off already, genuinely dont feel we should fear anyone in this league.

We’ve got a solid team with some very good players and as long as we can keep everyone fit i think we’ve got a great chance of staying up. We all knew we didn’t have a goalscorer and i doubt bobby can repeat his tally of last season so we’ll need everyone to chip in [emoji1145][emoji109]

Great performance last night, really happy with the point but felt we deserved and were robbed of the 3, We have been excellent so far and should fear nobody with the great players and squad we have. Roll on Tannadice next week

Hopefully get a good support through, like I said before you'd hope for 700ish like a Montrose game

Hardest fixture of the season with absolutely zero pressure on us

IMG_0709.thumb.jpg.d22c7e252098f87247bd4072af29d589.jpg
So we finish the weekend in 4th position. It’s been a really encouraging start to the season. Lads will be full of confidence for our trip to Tannadice next weekend
Well done on your start to the season. Thought you were decent a couple of seasons ago when we won the First Division. It's no coincidence that the 3 teams with the most stable management are in the playoff places in my view.